• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon EDG 7x42 discontinued? (1 Viewer)

Cluster

I tried to buy a discounted EDG7x42. Sadly, I was a little too late and missed my chance. The dealer told me that they could not get any more from their distributor who told them that this model is now discontinued. 7x getting a little more scarce?

Dave

They are out of stock now in a retailer that I have used in HK so you may be right, Dave.

Perhaps they are gearing up to release something new ? It is afterall a very successful and hugely profitable company, the largest camera / optics manufacturer in the world.

I tried to buy a discounted EDG7x42. Sadly, I was a little too late and missed my chance. The dealer told me that they could not get any more from their distributor who told them that this model is now discontinued. 7x getting a little more scarce?

Dave

Did the ones they pictured have single or double hinges? The double hinged version was discontinued in 2010. The single hinged one is not discontinued. I received a new 10x32 EDG II from Nikon this past summer and they told me they had to get it from Japan so I think they are still making them! Other dealers like Camera Land in New York City have listed them as "Special Order-Delayed Delivery" for a couple of years now.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/nikon.pl?page=nikon7565

Bob

Last edited:
The dealer has picture on their website of the first model, but they say that they just used stock images. They were going to check that it was the later model before shipping it. It was being sold as new, with full warranty, so understood that it was the single hinge version, but now will be unable to verify.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back