• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feel Nikon "Recollections" website (1 Viewer)

Alexis Powell

Natural history enthusiast
United States
I usually stay away from Nikon's many variously redundant, incomplete, unstable yet rarely up to date, and labyrinthine websites, but I was just trying to look up some Nikon history (the dedicated web page, both old and new versions seems to be gone now) and I stumbled into the "Feel Nikon" portion of their main site. The "Recollections" section contains a set of interesting semi-informative essays that might be of interest to Birdforum members, including one on ED glass and one on Tenyu binoculars. I don't recall anyone mentioning this website before.

http://nikon.com/about/feelnikon/recollections/index.htm

--AP

I usually stay away from Nikon's many variously redundant, incomplete, unstable yet rarely up to date, and labyrinthine websites, but I was just trying to look up some Nikon history (the dedicated web page, both old and new versions seems to be gone now) and I stumbled into the "Feel Nikon" portion of their main site. The "Recollections" section contains a set of interesting semi-informative essays that might be of interest to Birdforum members, including one on ED glass and one on Tenyu binoculars. I don't recall anyone mentioning this website before.

http://nikon.com/about/feelnikon/recollections/index.htm

--AP

Nice find Alex. Thanks!

Lee

Yes, nice find.

Nikon's current USA binocular site seems to be working OK. I used the instructions this past summer to have my 10x32 EDG I replaced with an EDG II and everything worked smoothly. Prior to that they made some corrections on incorrect tech specs which were uncovered on Bird Forum which related to phase coatings. The copyright is being kept up to date and there is an archive link to recently discontinued binoculars.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back