• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

kestrel paintings (1 Viewer)

stirling

As anyone done any paintings or drawings of kestrels?
I will start it off with this one
Best from mike.

Attachments

• DSC00202.JPG
    DSC00202.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 238
An excellent pair of paintings! Such sharp looking birds, no surprise they're a popular subject. Mine's already kicking around the gallery somewhere, but here she is again.

Attachments

• American_Kestrel_60.jpg
    American_Kestrel_60.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 177
OK, here's a couple. They're really lovely birds and are probably the bird most responsible for my birdwatching habit. I became fascinated with them at a young age when watching them hunt over the area of chalk downland where I (mis) spent my youth. Strangely, for the first time in years, I was there yesterday with my son and I was talking about getting fascinated with kestrels when, right on cue, one appeared in the sky.

Woody

Attachments

• autumn lady.jpg
    autumn lady.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 163
  • PSkestrel.jpg
    PSkestrel.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 169
An excellent pair of paintings! Such sharp looking birds, no surprise they're a popular subject. Mine's already kicking around the gallery somewhere, but here she is again.
Very fine painting jomo,like the way you have placed the subject off center .
Best from mike.

OK, here's a couple. They're really lovely birds and are probably the bird most responsible for my birdwatching habit. I became fascinated with them at a young age when watching them hunt over the area of chalk downland where I (mis) spent my youth. Strangely, for the first time in years, I was there yesterday with my son and I was talking about getting fascinated with kestrels when, right on cue, one appeared in the sky.

Woody
These two are spot on woody,i really like the portrait.
Best from mike.

Here's one from a while ago. Should do a current piece of a British bird really.
Spectacular little falcon though the American Kestrel.

Attachments

• american-kestrel-in-teasels.jpg
    american-kestrel-in-teasels.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 196
Having nothing new to post here, I decided to choose
Illustrations from the past depicting both of the European Kestrel species.
A couple of them are already known to many of you in this forum.
I hope you'll like!

Spizaetos

Attachments

• Kestrel male.jpg
    Kestrel male.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Kestrels.jpg
    Kestrels.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Kestrels.pair.jpg
    Kestrels.pair.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Lesser Kestrels1.jpg
    Lesser Kestrels1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 161
Having nothing new to post here, I decided to choose
Illustrations from the past depicting both of the European Kestrel species.
A couple of them are already known to many of you in this forum.
I hope you'll like!

Spizaetos
Thanks for those spizaetos,really outstanding paintings.
Best from mike.

I'll maybe get in trouble for posting photos of a captive bird, but I couldn't resist in the context of the thread. He's my bird, and quite photogenic.
He's the inspiration for a painting 'in the pipeline' at the moment - I just haven't decided on a suitable background...

Keith.

Attachments

• _MG_1190.JPG
    _MG_1190.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 107
  • _MG_1199.JPG
    _MG_1199.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 135
  • _MG_1238.JPG
    _MG_1238.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 104
An excellent idea for a thread, will have to dig out some field studies that I did, as I don't think I have EVER done a painting of a kestrel. Must really do something about that!

An excellent idea for a thread, will have to dig out some field studies that I did, as I don't think I have EVER done a painting of a kestrel. Must really do something about that!

Look forward to seeing them nick.Very surprised you have not painted one.
Best from mike.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back