• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hampshire Dartford Warbler (1 Viewer)

BirdBoyBen

Young birder
Urgent help required-for tommorow. :eek!: I need somewhere, in North Hampshire or anywhere in Sussex (not Ashdown forest), to see Dartford warbler that is accessable by train. I spent the weekend running around Surrey and failing. I've been told there's still a few left in Hampshire, the New forest and Keyhaven are too far as I'm traveling own from London. Does anyone know if there are any left at Hungry/Bricksbury Hill near Aldershot (or any other suggestions)? There were 15 in 2008.

Just thought-How about the Longmoor enclosure, Liss?

Last edited:
Sorry, numbers are low to zero on most commons locally.

In addition, it is now breeding season so I think you will find people don't want to reveal what are most likely breeding locations.

Outside of breeding season I am happy to give accurate directions, but not now.

Best of luck anyway.

John

Sorry, numbers are low to zero on most commons locally.

In addition, it is now breeding season so I think you will find people don't want to reveal what are most likely breeding locations.

Outside of breeding season I am happy to give accurate directions, but not now.

Best of luck anyway.

John

John, fantastic advice, really refreshing to hear this advice given and so politely.

Thanks for the replies. I understand that the locations would not normally be revealed for breeding birds, especially while the species is recovering. I used my 2008 Hampshire bird report to get some ideas, but sadly no luck. Heard one singing in Sussex though, which is good enough!

Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back