• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bittern (2 Viewers)

Suvi

I first heard this bird last summer, i wasnt even sure it was a bird when I heard it... it souned like a drip of water in an empty well (as someone so well described it to me once while I attempted to sadly recreate the noise...:-O )

C&C always welcomed!

Attachments

• ShrunkBit.jpg
    ShrunkBit.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 90
You've certainly caught that skulking attitude here Suvi - I just wonder if a bit more detail around the eye and bill might not help to bring the character of the bird out just a little more - what do you think? Nice palette and a strong design - worth pursuing.

Tim - Thanks for looking in, Im glad the palette is working for you, I was wondering if it needed a higher value range? I will definitally go back and add i nthe detail on the eye, that could be what is leaving it feeling not 100% finnished. Thanks again!

Tim - Thanks for looking in, Im glad the palette is working for you, I was wondering if it needed a higher value range? I will definitally go back and add i nthe detail on the eye, that could be what is leaving it feeling not 100% finnished. Thanks again!

Suvi,

I've yet to do a painting or drawing that I was convinced was 100% finished. The more I look at it the more I think I should have done something differently. But if you get about 80% finished I think you should be happy.

Tim's advice is good. I think just a little more detail to make the Bittern stand out and you'll be well on your way to a finished work. Look forward to seeing the results.

Solitay - Thanks for the advice, I hope to get back to it this weekend and add a bit more detail around the eye and beak.

KC - Thank you, I am very happy that it looks skulking and not just there:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back