• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looks like a new binocular from Maven (1 Viewer)

cycleguy

Was at the Maven website today looking to get a case for a B3 and noticed they now offer a C1. It is listed as a mid class instrument and sells in the low to mid $300 range and is available in 8x42 and 10x42.

CG

good to see Maven is finally moving up to the mid range with their product line...we were all wondering if they would....:smoke:

I dont think Maven should of done that, it's going to really hurt their image as a premnium brand ,selling lower end optics.

FOV on their C1's are also lacking. It's gonna be stiff competition from Nikon or Vanguard in that price range.

Last edited:
Nikon Monarch 5 is a big seller around here from what I can tell. All the stores carry it and I frequently see it in the hands of people while I'm out enjoying the outdoors. Thinking the C1 specs and price are in the ballpark with the Monarch 5. Optics and build, ????? I don't have one, haven't seen one, and I haven't heard any comments or read any reviews so far... Somebody?

CG

I dont think Maven should of done that, it's going to really hurt their image as a premnium brand ,selling lower end optics.

FOV on their C1's are also lacking. It's gonna be stiff competition from Nikon or Vanguard in that price range.
The shot has been fired across the bow with the new $1,000 class glass. I think it logical to expect the next shot across the bow to be fired toward the $500 class glass.

To develop their business its the right way to go and they are following in the footsteps of BMW, Mercedes and Zeiss.

However the same money gets you a magnesium body and aluminium eyecups from GPO.

Lee

Last edited:
Right out of the blue, just after I posted, the mailman delivered me a new Maven C1 8x42. More to follow as I get time, which has been scarce lately. However, this will do nothing to tarnish any Maven reputation. Kind of mind boggling what they got into a $325 glass. I should get the GPO ED in a few days, the comparison should be interesting. The price point is the same.

FWIW the C1 stated fov is typically understated, it is 375'.

Last edited:
Right out of the blue, just after I posted, the mailman delivered me a new Maven C1 8x42. More to follow as I get time, which has been scarce lately. However, this will do nothing to tarnish any Maven reputation. Kind of mind boggling what they got into a $325 glass. I should get the GPO ED in a few days, the comparison should be interesting. The price point is the same.

Great stuff Steve

Lee

Same specs as the Tract Tekoa for $130 less.

FYI there is Rokslide\Maven C1 giveaway happening right now over on the slide!

Last edited:
New C.1

How are your new Mavens, Steve? I'm thinking about trying the 8x.....
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back