• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Auction site price (1 Viewer)

Petrus82

What would be the maximum I should pay for a MM2 v2 with HR MM2 13-39 eye piece on an auction site?

Will this combination give me decent views? I'm not really a scope person, but something small, lightweight and preferably cheap would be very useful.

Hi, I don't know what it's worth but a question that comes to mind is: Is it the ED version?

If it is ED, this would improve the view and put up the cost.

I have the ED version myself and really like it but I use HDF eyepieces which are much better than the HR ones. A lot better to my eye. If you do buy it I would recommend that you sell the HR e/p and get an HDF one.

Great little scope if you don't mind it not being waterproof. And it's lighter weight than the newer MM3.

Good luck.

Hi there,
I sold mine on Ebay with a fixed 25x (I think) lens last year for £105. It was in excellent condition and had the grip-style case. It wasn't the ED version. I think for that sort of money it's a decent little travel scope - I was using mine with the HDF 12-36 zoom which I think did make a considerable difference to the view, though it cost around £100 just for the eyepiece secondhand; you could always upgrade the eyepiece later though.

I've now managed to get a hold of a SDL v2 zoom and a fixed 18x HDF eye piece so I hope they will give me good views.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back