• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alternative camera for digiscoping (1 Viewer)

rin

I have an opticron ES80GA ED scope and currently use an HDF telephotoadapter with my canon eos300d slr camera.

I am finding this combination more irritating by the day. Having to remove the scope eyepiece and camera lens before I can attach the telephotoadapter and camera body is so time consuming and then to use the scope again I have to undo all this, etc etc.

Can anyone suggest a tried and tested alternative to this set up.

eg what replaced the nikon coolpix 945 that used to be popular and what results do you get.

I look forward to your advice.

Thanks
Catherine

rin said:
I have an opticron ES80GA ED scope and currently use an HDF telephotoadapter with my canon eos300d slr camera.

I am finding this combination more irritating by the day. Having to remove the scope eyepiece and camera lens before I can attach the telephotoadapter and camera body is so time consuming and then to use the scope again I have to undo all this, etc etc.

Can anyone suggest a tried and tested alternative to this set up.

eg what replaced the nikon coolpix 945 that used to be popular and what results do you get.

I look forward to your advice.

Thanks
Catherine

Catherine,

As you already have the ES80 & HDF you could try the Opticron Photoadapter Push-Fit 49.5 (41112). This adapter fits over the HDF zoom eyepiece and is fixed to your 350D with a T-Mount. The advantage that this has over the optically superior telephotoadapter is that you retain the viewing capacity of the scope and do not have to remove the eyepiece. At around £50 this could provide you with a low cost solution to your problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back