• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just got some trinovid 10x25 bca (1 Viewer)

wingedwarrior

Bought these used but a very nice clean looked after binocular, I'm blown away by them for a 25mm OG.

There certainly if not brighter than some of the medium range 8x42s I've owned, and more sort of transparent and clean sharpness to them.

If these cheaper ones are this noticeable I'm sure the bigger better ones must be amazing.

But for now I'm certainly happy and enjoy putting these to my eyes.

My first venture into leica.

Thanks Gary

Bought these used but a very nice clean looked after binocular, I'm blown away by them for a 25mm OG.
But for now I'm certainly happy and enjoy putting these to my eyes.

My first venture into leica.

Thanks Gary

Hi Gary, I have a trinovid 10x25 bc and it is a great little compact, very nice to use, enjoy them.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I came across a pair of 10x25 BC. Price seems fair at $120. I was thinking they would make a nice gift for my nephew. Any thing I should be aware of?

I have the 8x20 BCA and it is a very good binocular with 1st rate optics. I've used mine at indoor and outdoor concerts and sports events and for generally carrying around when others are too bulky. The 10x25 BCA is about as big as the popular new 8x25 models that recently came out from Swarovski and Zeiss. These 10x25 BCAs fold up nice and compact too.

$120.00 is a good price if they are in reasonably good condition.

There are no stops on the hinges at the 180º position and because of this they can be folded into a "Z" position. It makes it a little harder to find your IPD but other than that they are fine.

Bob

Last edited:
Yes, I got an Ultravid 10x25 not long ago, it was my first venture into Leica. It was very bright with next to no CA, despite not being ED glass, and it was sharp to the edge.... FOV only 5.1 degrees though which is standard for a compact.

Pity I will not be able to afford full-sized Leica in the short to medium term.

The 10x25 Trinovids don't have the larger focus knob of the Ultravids, but they're that much more compact because of it. I still regret trading my 10x25 Ultravid. It was a nice binocular to use in the field, but still small enough to put in a coat pocket. $120 is a great price for a 10x25 Trinovid. I bet your nephew will love it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back