• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Trinovids, on sale. (1 Viewer)

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
Cameraland NY, now has the 8x42 and 10x42 binoculars priced
under $1,000.

Note I have no connection with Cameraland, but have done business
there, and have always been treated well.

I just saw this large discount on another forum.

Jerry

Wow.

IMHO the "under $1000" category just got a new top dawg but I'm sure some will have different opinions.

I always wonder if this is just a "sell down" of stock or a prelude of some close out for them or a hint at model line changes/drops for the brand.

There is also an additional 10% Leica promotion on top of that, until Dec. 2nd.

I think that makes the Trinovid a nice choice in that price range.

Jerry

I'm very tempted. Not sure if I should sell my Meopta 10x42 HD to fund the purchase?

I wouldn't. The Trinovid does not improve over any aspect of the Meostar HD, whether you are looking at overall specs, optical performance, or build/warranty. The Trinovid isn't a bad binocular in that price range, but I'd still take a Z Conquest, Meostar HD, or Razor HD due to their various combinations of qualities. Honestly, the only impressive thing, in my opinion, of the Trinovid is its sharpness and build quality and even in those regards I don't think it exceeds the Meostar HD.

Last edited:
I've read really good reviews on the trinovid, and leica does hold value. I do like my meostars, built like a tank, and hold great. Time will tell if they hold value.

The 10% is good on the Ultravid line, but it doesn't seem to apply to the already large discount on Trinovid 42s.

Leica has a 10% sale on all sports optics, that should be across the full
line, at retailers in the US, through Dec. 2nd.

I just found this at Cameraland. Trinovid 10x42, now $899.99, and
the 8x42 at $849.99. They put this out on several web forums.

Jerry

I've read really good reviews on the trinovid, and leica does hold value. I do like my meostars, built like a tank, and hold great. Time will tell if they hold value.

It is your decision, of course, but having personal, side-by-side experience comparing the two, I'd easily select the Meostar as a first-time purchase, and certainly wouldn't waste my time/lose money to trade between the two. I'm really not sure, aside from having the Leica "reputation," where you'd see an improvement in this swap...

J

I was in the market, but lost it all in the Crash of '08. :C

I no longer trust financial advisors because of their penchant for investing other people's money in risky derivatives. If I invest again, I'm going with a robo-advisor who uses algorithms instead of avarice to make investment decisions.

Intelligent Portfolio

<B>

So, has anyone been able to look through the redesigned trinovid yet? The pricing's amazing but the one place local to me that carries a wide range of binoculars is saying that no one in the US has the redesigned model in stock yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back