• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony W-70 Settings (1 Viewer)

Jon,

I haven't played around with all of the settings. I shoot in 'P' with the macro on, flash off, spot metering mode, auto white balance, centre AF, and then adjust the ISO and exposure as need be.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi,

I have not used mine a lot yet, but I was a little disappointed in P mode that the program favors high f/stop over shutter speed. I was getting a lot of shots at f/9 with less than optimal shutter speed. The low shutter speeds are not good for digiscoping and the f/stops become high enough where diffraction becomes an issue.

I have since tried the "soft snap" scene mode. This mode seems to try to keep the aperture open and increases the shutter speed instead. The soft snap means it is trying to keep the background out of focus by limiting the depth of field with a larger aperture. I like the results better so far in this mode because the higher shutter speeds limit the effects of camera shake. One drawback is that you are limited to auto iso. So far, in pretty good light the camera has stuck to iso 100 so that has not been a problem, but it might be in poor light.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Tanager said:
Jon,

I haven't played around with all of the settings. I shoot in 'P' with the macro on, flash off, spot metering mode, auto white balance, centre AF, and then adjust the ISO and exposure as need be.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers,

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back