• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How far advanced is Blue Tit nesting everywhere ? (1 Viewer)

Hi Folks
Our female Blue Tit has finally started sitting on her eggs today (hooray! - we think there are nine). How far advanced is everyone else? Is nest building finished? Has egg laying started / finished where you are? Or are you more advanced than we are and up to live young being fed stage? ;)
We are based in Reading in the Thames Valley.....

That's interesting Dave that you are that much further North than we are but at a similar stage of the circle of life. Good luck with your brood!

My camera box shows a pair of BT's just finishing the mossing up part before they begin making the actual nest with hair/fur etc. My friends camera box (about 7 miles away) has a female sitting on 9 eggs.

Dave

So your friend is similar to me then. Hopefully it's going to be a good season. If it stays dry and warm there will be plenty of caterpillars. :)

No camera here but they seem to have recently finished building, so presumably egg laying is going on or finished.
I'm a few hundred feet up and most things are a little later.

Looks like our season may be over before it has begun. Massive scrap in the box between two birds (actually tilted the box it was so fierce and her nine eggs I think are scattered within) :-C

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back