• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What I purchased won't download (1 Viewer)

silverback69

I purchased the following:Special value pack: Video Guide for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad plus iDentify British Birds
BirdGuides Ltd

This is what you get:

Two complementary products for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, sold as a money-saving pack. The DVD Video Guide 270 species for iPod Touch, iPhone & iPad is a video reference work in the palm of your hand. Every one of the 270 species has its own mini-documentary featuring fabulous video, enhanced with an informative commentary by Dave Gosney, illustrations by top artists, plus distribution maps, songs and calls.

Load iDentify British Birds onto your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to get instant access to the calls and songs of 250 British species, handily arranged by family, with a useful optional commentary by Dave Gosney. Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will also display the album artwork so you can see an illustration of the species at the same time.

Now, I am not the most computer literate of people, but, even I can read the idiots guides provided. However, the idiots guide must be for another idiot because I can't work it out.
It says basically, insert disc and open iTunes (don't plug your device in). So I don't plug my iPhone in yet. That's as far as I get. I can't download the disc to iTunes. What needs to be highlighted in iTunes isn't available to highlight. So I can't therefore put the software onto my iPhone. It must be simple enough surely?
Any suggestions/tips/advice would be very welcome.

Thanks very much

The newest version of ITunes (that's 11) looks very different from the last few versions, and a lot of the functionality has been changed (the menus have been completely reorganized and some useful functions are much harder to find). I assume that the guide is still for the previous versions and that's why it doesn't match with what you see (or, I guess, it might be the other way round).

So, which version of ITunes do you have? (There should be an `about' entry in the first menu.) I'm sure that translating the instructions won't be a big deal, but you'll have to tell us a bit more about what they tell you to do.

Hope this'll get you started,

Andrea

I purchased the following:Special value pack: Video Guide for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad plus iDentify British Birds
BirdGuides Ltd

This is what you get:

Two complementary products for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, sold as a money-saving pack. The DVD Video Guide 270 species for iPod Touch, iPhone & iPad is a video reference work in the palm of your hand. Every one of the 270 species has its own mini-documentary featuring fabulous video, enhanced with an informative commentary by Dave Gosney, illustrations by top artists, plus distribution maps, songs and calls.

Load iDentify British Birds onto your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to get instant access to the calls and songs of 250 British species, handily arranged by family, with a useful optional commentary by Dave Gosney. Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will also display the album artwork so you can see an illustration of the species at the same time.

Now, I am not the most computer literate of people, but, even I can read the idiots guides provided. However, the idiots guide must be for another idiot because I can't work it out.
It says basically, insert disc and open iTunes (don't plug your device in). So I don't plug my iPhone in yet. That's as far as I get. I can't download the disc to iTunes. What needs to be highlighted in iTunes isn't available to highlight. So I can't therefore put the software onto my iPhone. It must be simple enough surely?
Any suggestions/tips/advice would be very welcome.

Thanks very much

Assuming you know how to copy and paste, you should be be ble to copy and paste the video files into the video section of itunes

iTunes doesn't allow me to copy and paste I'm afraid. When I put the disc in and open it all the files are there and it says Import to iTunes. But when I open iTunes there is no function available for me to download it. Then I updated iTunes to version 11 will no more luck than before!!!
When I get home tomorrow I will look at the instructions that came with the disc and post them here. But have tried every which way with no luck so far!!!
Seems so simple and yet it may as well be written in mandarin

I do think we need a better description of what you're trying, and what happens when you do.

It seems that the current version of ITunes has problems sometimes recognizing the correct format of an import - I've had some very odd behavoiur when importing audiobooks in MP3 format. However, in the end it's all there (although in at least one case I had to shut ITunes down and open it again for the items to show in the appropriate case).

You can try drag and drop (I've had luck with doing that onto playlists when ITunes didn't want to acknowledge that elsewhere, so that's worth trying) or import. If you've done that, and then use the search window to type the item's title, what does ITunes do?

Andrea

Yeah, could try importing file or folder, I only use CDs and have no problems does it automatically

Here's the instructions that came with the cd:
1. Insert disc into your DVD drive.
2. Open iTunes, but don't connect your device yet. Ensure that you have 'Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library' ticked in Advanced Preferences.

(Doesn't give me this option). Anyway
3. In iTunes choose File, Add Folder to library.
4. Highlight bird families you would like to install.
5. Press ok.
6. When copying is finished look in your iTunes movies.

There's more but as I can't get past number 1 I'm stuck.
Won't allow me to drag and drop or copy and paste.
So I'm stuck!!!

Here's the instructions that came with the cd:
1. Insert disc into your DVD drive.
2. Open iTunes, but don't connect your device yet. Ensure that you have 'Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library' ticked in Advanced Preferences.

(Doesn't give me this option). Anyway
3. In iTunes choose File, Add Folder to library.
4. Highlight bird families you would like to install.
5. Press ok.
6. When copying is finished look in your iTunes movies.

There's more but as I can't get past number 1 I'm stuck.
Won't allow me to drag and drop or copy and paste.
So I'm stuck!!!

For No2, in itunes click, edit > preferences > advanced and you will see 'Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library' tick that

If you have the latest iTunes 11 the "Add folder to library" has gone you need to "Add files to library" and select all the files with Shift/Ctrl click.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back