• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox BV bins (1 Viewer)

P H

Minox 8x42 BV binoculars can anybody say what they are like ? Or reccomend any in same price range £150. :t:

Minox BV 8x42 impressed me!

By conincidence, I happened to try out some Minox BV 8x42 at a local store after work today. I was surprised at how good they were. There were extremely bright, had plenty of eye relief for glasses and a nice wide field of view. I compared them to Bushnell Legend 8x32 and several others in the $250 to $350 range and I liked the Minox the best. They are very small for 8x42s and they were very comfortable in my hands. Mid price binos are getting amazingly good these days!

Thanks for the info BinoBoy, I'll have to go and check them out but they do look promising though.

Looked through the 8x42 BV binos and I liked em nice size weight and felt good in my large hands. Optics wise I thought were very clear, sharp and bright (the conditions were foggy and raining about 3pm) so on brighter days they'll be even better. They are fog proof, water proof. I was quoted £170 in the shop but I have seen them much cheaper on the internet. They make an excellent first binocular and the ladies will like them also.

I'm of to buy some. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back