Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
||Thread Tools||Rate Thread|
|Monday 30th June 2008, 22:29||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Billingham, NE England
Announcing the July 2008 theme challenge - Camouflaged Birds
The theme challenge for July 2008 is once again 'Camouflaged Birds'.
Some birds use natural camouflage such as their plumage but others despite being brightly coloured can be hard to spot. We're looking for entries containing a wild bird/birds that are hard to spot in their surroundings - whether due to natural plumage attributes or by making use of their surroundings.
1. Entry to have been taken since 21st July 2007.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded between now and July 21st midnight.
4. Your entry must contain a bird or birds that are camouflaged either by their natural colour or making use of cover.
5. The bird must be wild and can be of any species.
6. Location taken to be included and must include county/state and country.
7. One entry per member.
8. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated i.e. objects should not be added/removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
9. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However you have until the closing date/time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets the criteria.
10. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
11. The bird's common name must be given - though please add the scientific too!
12. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions Gallery.
A voting booth will be posted after the 21st.
Please note 30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon.
Entries not selected for inclusion in the voting booth will be moved to their respective Geographical Gallery forum.
Comments on entries are permitted.
The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification. The Moderators decision is final.
Any queries about this months competition - please post below.
BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation
|Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Announcing the March 2008 theme challenge - Monochrome Birds||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||1||Saturday 1st March 2008 13:17|
|Announcing the July 2007 theme challenge winners - Camouflaged Birds||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||17||Friday 3rd August 2007 19:08|
|Announcing the July 2007 theme challenge - Camouflaged Birds||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||4||Wednesday 4th July 2007 03:06|
|Announcing the October 2005 theme challenge - Camouflaged Birds||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||1||Monday 10th October 2005 16:42|