Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 28th July 2008, 13:54   #1
Pete Mella
Getting there...

Sheffield Wildlife Facebook group

I always find nature-watching and the like something much missing from Facebook groups, so I've done an experiment and set up a group for Sheffield nature-watchers here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20341612963 - it could be no-one ever joins it, but I thought it was worth a go.

Anyone from South Yorks (or from elsewhere who's interested) feel free to join!
Old Monday 28th July 2008, 13:59   #2
timwootton

Well done Pete - Ours in Orkney is really well-used (although it's a 'Yahoo-group', not Facebook). I'll be joining.
Old Monday 28th July 2008, 21:28   #3
dantheman
Bah humbug

You should maybe advertise it (ie repeat this) in the Yorkshire thread, information wanted thread or similar . . . .

I was in Sheffield, at Uni about 15 years ago ( ), doing Ecology degree. Nice (ish) place some good birding places. Maybe Redmires isn't one of them . . . Haven't followed things up there since, and don't do facebook. Know at least two others here on BF who were in SUBS (Sheffield University Birders Society) when I was up there . . .

Good luck.
Old Monday 28th July 2008, 21:43   #4
Pete Mella
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
You should maybe advertise it (ie repeat this) in the Yorkshire thread, information wanted thread or similar . . . .

I was in Sheffield, at Uni about 15 years ago ( ), doing Ecology degree. Nice (ish) place some good birding places. Maybe Redmires isn't one of them . . . Haven't followed things up there since, and don't do facebook. Know at least two others here on BF who were in SUBS (Sheffield University Birders Society) when I was up there . . .

Good luck.
Cheers, Dan.

Redmires is not so bad - one of those places where sometimes you'll see bugger all, and others some pretty good stuff. People swear by it on visible migration.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: