Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 373 votes, 4.94 average.
Old Thursday 19th November 2015, 15:57   #2501
Kammerdiner

It's possible that Eurooptic is "going rogue" on this one. It'll be interesting to see if the prices go back up once word gets out.

You're right Bob. It is curious.

I wish I felt the need for that 10x50 SV, but alas I don't.

Mark
Old Thursday 19th November 2015, 17:02   #2502
David in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammerdiner View Post

Mark

I wish I "felt" some extra money in my wallet to spend right now!

Super Duty, I have to say I've been there where you are right now but I think everything is on the up-and-up, as mad as it makes you. I'd say just focus (pun intended) on the optics and try to enjoy them. You were on fire about the Swarovskis (even making them your avatar). I hope when you get over this you still enjoy the product.
Old Thursday 19th November 2015, 18:35   #2503
ceasar

Quote:
It's possible that Eurooptic is "going rogue" on this one. It'll be interesting to see if the prices go back up once word gets out.

You're right Bob. It is curious.

Mark

I like it too.

I don't need it either like you, but I would sure like to have one!

Bob

BF Supporter 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 19th November 2015, 21:58   #2504
jan van daalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
There are still questions for the curious minded.

Does the big seller get a better deal from Swarovski on these sales than the little seller does?

It doesn't seem so when you look at the number of reviews Eagle Optics has received on the ones they have sold. Does Europtic sell more than Eagle Optics does?

Is Proud Papa treated differently than Europtic and Eagle Optics?

Why hasn't Camera Land been selling them at a discount?

And, of course there is B&H and Adorama.

Bob
Big sellers don't get a better deal than little sellers!
The only difference is the "end of the year bonus". The more is sold, the bigger that bonus (big sellers get 8% of the yearly sales volume as a extra bonus in january). But this is the same for the other brands.

Jan
Old Friday 20th November 2015, 02:50   #2505
SuperDuty

Hi David

I'm done with my hissy fit, the world has too many big problems for me to be bitching about binoculars. Aren't all of you that bought 10X50s glad I let you know before they sold out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in NC View Post
I wish I "felt" some extra money in my wallet to spend right now!

Super Duty, I have to say I've been there where you are right now but I think everything is on the up-and-up, as mad as it makes you. I'd say just focus (pun intended) on the optics and try to enjoy them. You were on fire about the Swarovskis (even making them your avatar). I hope when you get over this you still enjoy the product.

Last edited by SuperDuty : Friday 20th November 2015 at 03:11.
Old Friday 20th November 2015, 06:28   #2506
ceasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty View Post
Hi David

I'm done with my hissy fit, the world has too many big problems for me to be bitching about binoculars. Aren't all of you that bought 10X50s glad I let you know before they sold out ?

Actually, in retrospect, you didn't do so bad yourself.

If you were to purchase the new EL 10x50 WB directly from Swarovski it would cost you $3,110.00! That's about $1200.00 more than Europtic is selling the old ones for at their price of $1899.00. Compare below.

http://www.eurooptic.com/swarovski-el-binocular.aspx

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/nature...10x50-p5222918

We know you will get one with a fancy new way to attach the strap and they say that the ocular covers and objective covers have been improved.

Does anybody know anything about any other improvements? If it is mentioned in the link above I missed it.

Bob

PS: Europtic has a pretty sophisticated web site. You can explore it to see if they have specific binoculars in stock. The only Swarovski 50 mm binocular listed in stock is the 12 x 50 listed at $1,999.00.

Interesting website! In fact it seems that they do not keep an inordinate amount of binoculars in stock.

Last edited by ceasar : Friday 20th November 2015 at 07:06.

Old Friday 20th November 2015, 07:11   #2507
SuperDuty

Slightly lighter and an improved focus knob I believe, optics are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
Actually, in retrospect, you didn't do so bad yourself.

If you were to purchase the new EL 10x50 WB directly from Swarovski it would cost you $3,110.00! That's about $1200.00 more than Europtic is selling the old ones for at their price of $1899.00. Compare below.

http://www.eurooptic.com/swarovski-el-binocular.aspx

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/nature...10x50-p5222918

We know you will get one with a fancy new way to attach the strap and they say that the ocular covers and objective covers have been improved.

Does anybody know anything about any other improvements? If it is mentioned in the link above I missed it.

Bob

PS: Europtic has a pretty sophisticated web site. You can explore it to see if they have specific binoculars in stock. The only Swarovski 50 mm binocular listed in stock is the 12 x 50 listed at $1,999.00.

Interesting website! In fact it seems that they do not keep an inordinate amount of binoculars in stock.
Old Friday 20th November 2015, 18:03   #2508
David in NC

Wow.
Old Saturday 21st November 2015, 02:15   #2509
marinemaster

Not so fast, I put the Swaro 8x32 SwaroVision in the cart, next thing you know went from $1499 to $1799 proof that money are not real....
Old Saturday 21st November 2015, 14:31   #2510
stephen b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemaster View Post
Not so fast, I put the Swaro 8x32 SwaroVision in the cart, next thing you know went from $1499 to $1799 proof that money are not real....
I too noticed that the price was changed on the 8x32's. Saw that it was changed yesterday. But... I can assure and verify that the 8x32 SV price of $1499 that was on site previously was indeed the price that they were selling them for. I do not know though why the 8x32 price was changed.

All the other prices on their site are the same as they were; and only other change that I saw was the 10x50 SV was now out of stock.
Old Saturday 21st November 2015, 14:32   #2511
ceasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemaster View Post

That is still about $180.00 less than Eagle Optics is listing them for.

Old Sunday 22nd November 2015, 16:51   #2512
denco@comcast.n

When I buy an expensive binocular like a Swarovski I never pay retail for a brand new item. If you watch Ebay for awhile and it usually doesn't take long a like new pair will be listed for a considerable discount. If you pay retail you are always going to be hit with a big depreciation off of the sticker price just like a new car. If you buy like new but used you never get hurt too bad. I paid $1500 for my like new 8x32 SV's and $1900 for my like new 10x50 SV's off of Ebay. They are both in like new condition and I don't have to worry as much when a new model comes out and the older model is discounted.
Old Sunday 22nd November 2015, 17:00   #2513
SuperDuty

That's true, I would add that you should run the serial # at Swarovski to make sure where they came from before you buy. So what's your opinion of the 10X50 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denco@comcast.n View Post
When I buy an expensive binocular like a Swarovski I never pay retail for a brand new item. If you watch Ebay for awhile and it usually doesn't take long a like new pair will be listed for a considerable discount. If you pay retail you are always going to be hit with a big depreciation off of the sticker price just like a new car. If you buy like new but used you never get hurt too bad. I paid $1500 for my like new 8x32 SV's and $1900 for my like new 10x50 SV's off of Ebay. They are both in like new condition and I don't have to worry as much when a new model comes out and the older model is discounted.
Old Sunday 22nd November 2015, 18:30   #2514
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
That's true, I would add that you should run the serial # at Swarovski to make sure where they came from before you buy. So what's your opinion of the 10X50 ?
Honestly. The Swarovski 10x50 SV is the best 10x I have ever tried. I usually don't like 10x because of the smaller FOV and difficulty holding them steady but the SV seems to be easier to hold steady and it has a huge FOV. If I had to get rid of my 8x32 SV or 10x50 SV it would be a hard decision because the 10x50 SV gives you extra reach and more detail although the 8x has a little bigger FOV. I like to have them both for different uses but I find myself grabbing the 10x a lot. The only other 10x I have tried that came close to the SV was the Canon 10x42 IS-L. As so many have said for the money it has wonderful optics. I compared the SV to the Canon for a long time and I decided I liked the SV better. I prefer the ergonomics of the SV to the Canon for obvious reasons and the fact that it doesn't need batteries. The quality of the SV is better IMO than the Canon also. I find the resolution, contrast and brightness of the SV is better than the Canon when it is steady. I can hold the SV pretty steady so the stabilization of the Canon to me is not as much of an advantage although it is still there. The fact is when the Canon has the IS engaged you can see more detail with it than the SV but overall I think the optics are not quite as good. The SV is a little sharper at the edge than the Canon although the Canon has the 2nd sharpest edges I have ever seen in a binocular. RB doesn't bother me in either SV and I have decided I prefer the flat field sharp to the edge view of the Swarovision's. There is no other binocular I have tried that gives you as sharp an edge as the Swarovision and I like that. I sold my Nikon 8x30 EII's and Leica 8x32 BA's because I decided I prefer the sharp edges of the Swarovision's. The Swarovision's also have an easy view and I get no blackouts with very little CA in either model. The 10x50 shows less glare than the 8x32 also. The weight of the 10x50 doesn't really bother me much because of it's good balance. It is weird but it doesn't feel like a 50mm when you use it. The Canon 10x42 IS-L is an exceptional binocular. The optics on it are awesome but I experience a little of the defocusing when I use it that some people have talked about. It is like at times it will fall out of focus and then get sharp again but when the Canon is stabile with the IS engaged and in focus it will show more detail than any 10x I have tried unless you put the SV on a tripod.
Old Monday 23rd November 2015, 17:12   #2515
BruceH

Euro Optics Sale

I ordered a Swaro EL SV 12X50 from them Saturday and the PayPal payment note came back with the price of $1,999 as advertised by Euro Optics.

I also spoke with Clay from Swaro Saturday at the Festival of the Cranes and he confirmed Euro is a legite authorized SONA dealer and the binocular will have all of the same coverage as if I had bought it several months earlier before the clearance from any SONA authorized dealer. He also said that all the map restrictions end when the item is discontinued, so the dealer can price however they want.

I received a shipping confirmation the morning from Euro with a valid UPS tracking number so as of now everything with this Euro Optics clearance sale seems to be a legitimate and a good deal.
(The Yin Yang of the Binocular Forum)

BF Supporter 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 23rd November 2015, 17:41   #2516
Theo98
Eurasian Goldfinch

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Euro Optics Sale

I ordered a Swaro EL SV 12X50 from them Saturday and the PayPal payment note came back with the price of $1,999 as advertised by Euro Optics.

I also spoke with Clay from Swaro Saturday at the Festival of the Cranes and he confirmed Euro is a legite authorized SONA dealer and the binocular will have all of the same coverage as if I had bought it several months earlier before the clearance from any SONA authorized dealer. He also said that all the map restrictions end when the item is discontinued, so the dealer can price however they want.

I received a shipping confirmation the morning from Euro with a valid UPS tracking number so as of now everything with this Euro Optics clearance sale seems to be a legitimate and a good deal.
Bruce,

Got to put my hands on the 12x50SV Friday. Except for the narrower FOV as reference with my 10x50SV, It was as razor sharp, with superb and more detailed resolution (12X)! Light gathering was just a hair less (smaller EP), but still extremely clear and bright. Actually, I was surprised at how well I could maintain an image-free shake hand holding this 12X. Coming from an identical body in the 10x50SV, guess I'm use to the heft and ergonomics...Congratulations on this great optic purchase!

Ted
Old Monday 23rd November 2015, 18:55   #2517
David in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
Bruce,

Got to put my hands on the 12x50SV Friday. Except for the narrower FOV as reference with my 10x50SV, It was as razor sharp, with superb and more detailed resolution (12X)! Light gathering was just a hair less (smaller EP), but still extremely clear and bright. Actually, I was surprised at how well I could maintain an image-free shake hand holding this 12X. Coming from an identical body in the 10x50SV, guess I'm use to the heft and ergonomics...Congratulations on this great optic purchase!

Ted
I was blessed to get to go to an "Optics Expo" in 2014 and that was my exact impression of the 12x50 Swarovision also. Like a crack dealer, Clay Taylor suggested I try it ( ) and lo and behold he was right about how steady they were. I would have never thought that.
Old Tuesday 24th November 2015, 00:51   #2518
FrankD

For $40 it might make a nice stocking stuffer. I ordered one.

http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u...d&e=13e982b2d7
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAf...1LMvsLF0DExoog
Old Tuesday 24th November 2015, 06:59   #2519
BruceH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
Bruce,

Ted
Ted, Thanks!

My brother bought a 12Xx50 SV EL soon after it came out. It has always been my favorite of the SV family. I have been thinking about getting one for years. Euro Optics made an offer l could not refuse. Interestingly, the 12X shows a 1 degree greater relative FOV than the 10X50. Both show 90% light transmission.

One other thing Clay confirmed is that the optics are unchanged between the outgoing coventional SV and the new ProField line. I prefer the conventional non proprietary strap lugs so that and the $870 price savings for the same quality optics makes this a great deal.

There is some great pricing on some of the other SV models so it would be worth a look to browse the Euro Optics site for those who have been contemplating a SV but have been held back by the price.

David: Clay said the 12X50 is his favorite and most used binocular.
(The Yin Yang of the Binocular Forum)

BF Supporter 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 24th November 2015, 16:13   #2520
denco@comcast.n

You will like the 12x50 SV. The 10x50 SV and 12x50 SV are both amazing 50mm binoculars. Sometimes when I am using the 10x50 SV I find it hard to believe how clear and sharp it is and how big the FOV is for a 10x binocular. You will like the extra reach and greater detail you can see. Excellent bargain at Euro Optics and I have bought a few binoculars from them and they are one of the best dealers around. Top notch service.
Old Tuesday 24th November 2015, 16:53   #2521
Kammerdiner

Eagle Optics has the Field Pros in stock now. The new 12x50 is $869 more than the old one on sale at Eurooptic.

Get 'em while you can!
Old Tuesday 24th November 2015, 17:45   #2522
PhilR.

Quote:
Eagle Optics has the Field Pros in stock now. The new 12x50 is $869 more than the old one on sale at Eurooptic.

Get 'em while you can!
So what is it about the new version that makes them $869 more expensive than the old version? The only thing I know about is the new strap attachment system.

Not that I'm about to run out there and grab up a new version.........
Old Wednesday 25th November 2015, 05:37   #2523
peterginsburg

Cabela's has Zeiss Terra ED 10X42 (item LHF-71-4057) on sale for $349.99.
Peter
Old Wednesday 25th November 2015, 06:21   #2524
SuperDuty

The price spread is actually $320 at Eagle Optics, a dealer doing the right thing and extending the Swarovski factory sale price that ended 11-15-15 on the prior EL SV model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR. View Post
So what is it about the new version that makes them $869 more expensive than the old version? The only thing I know about is the new strap attachment system.

Not that I'm about to run out there and grab up a new version.........

Last edited by SuperDuty : Wednesday 25th November 2015 at 13:04.
Old Wednesday 25th November 2015, 14:10   #2525
Pileatus

Quote:
The price spread is actually $320 at Eagle Optics, a dealer doing the right thing and extending the Swarovski factory sale price that ended 11-15-15 on the prior EL SV model.
Eurooptic did the better thing...offered people a great deal, something a great capitalist system often does.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: