Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 373 votes, 4.94 average.
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 16:15   #3226
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcole View Post
I just checked & Cabelas now has the Meopta Euro 8x32 HD back in stock for $399.95
The two 1 star and two 3 star reviews on Cabella's is a red flag for me on those. You never see 1 or 3 star reviews on a Swarovski or Nikon EII. Several people didn't like them and had trouble with them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABEL...tabsCollection

Last edited by denco@comcast.n : Thursday 2nd November 2017 at 16:29.
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 16:25   #3227
Racuuna

Quote:
I just checked & Cabelas now has the Meopta Euro 8x32 HD back in stock for $399.95
You won't get a better 8x32 for that Price!
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 16:34   #3228
BruceH

Quote:
Originally Posted by denco@comcast.n View Post
The two 1 star and two 3 star reviews on Cabella's is a red flag for me on those. You never see 1 or 3 star reviews on a Swarovski or Nikon EII. Several people didn't like them and had trouble with them.

Cabela's reviews are difficult to evaluate because they lump similar models lines all together. They only way to tell which model is being reviewed is if the writer states it in the review.
(The Yin Yang of the Binocular Forum)

BF Supporter 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 16:44   #3229
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Cabela's reviews are difficult to evaluate because they lump similar models lines all together. They only way to tell which model is being reviewed is if the writer states it in the review.
It sounds like they are all on the Euro HD even though some are on different magnifications. I still don't see any reviews on Swarovski's or Nikon EII's like this on any magnifications. I find the critical reviews more important than the positive reviews. It is a red flag for me.

"January 10, 2016Extremely Disappointed
Byfgchiro68
I purchased the Euro HD 10x42 binoculars because I had been looking at them for a long time. I finally saw they were on sale so I decided to buy them. They had over 64 reviews and they were rated 5 stars. I really wanted to purchase Swarovski's but figured the high price was not justifiable and with a 5 star rating on the Euro HDs from all of the reviews, I figured I was buying a great pair of binoculars. WRONG!!! I purchased them sight unseen and was basing my decision on all of the reviews. Then about 5 days later I went to the Cabelas store about 2 hours from my home. Well when I picked up the Euro HD 10x42 binoculars and looked through them, I thought they were ok. Consequently, the Swarovski EL10x42 binoculars were sitting in the display case right near the Euros. I asked the sales person if I could look through them and compare the two pair of binoculars side by side. WOW!! I have to say there is absolutely NO COMPARISON!! The Euro HDs were horrible. To give you an idea of how poor the optics were...when you look through the Euro HDs inside the store it was like looking into a room with a 40 watt lightbulb on. When you look through the Swarovski El 10x42 binoculars it's like looking into a room with a 100 watt lightbulb on. The bottom line is the Cabelas Euro HD binoculars have very poor optical quality and I would not recommend them to anyone who is serious about hunting, birding or anything else you would use binoculars for. If you really want the best optics, stick with Swarovski because nothing compares to them. I purchased the EL12x50 model and returned the Euro HDs. Best decision I made that day. I'm surprised Cabelas would put there name on a product that is so inferior in optical quality."
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 16:49   #3230
bluespiderweb

Quote:

OK, but that's still only 4 reviews out of 80, so a pretty slim percentage had problems with those. And if you read enough reviews, you'd probably find that percentage that have trouble with any binoculars ever made, due to the human element always present in evaluations.

Ah, you know?
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 17:52   #3231
gcole

[quote=denco@comcast.n;3638584]It sounds like they are all on the Euro HD even though some are on different magnifications. I still don't see any reviews on Swarovski's or Nikon EII's like this on any magnifications. I find the critical reviews more important than the positive reviews. It is a red flag for me.

Come on give us a break ..... Its just like when I remember my brother talking me into taking into my mouth a spoon full of LIMA beans for the first time. He expected me to spit them out just because he had. I ended up liking them when he did not ...... You know where I am going with this. Well I am going to anyway, For many reasons NOT Everyone Sees things the Same. I happened to try a pair a few years ago at a Cabelas store. Thought they were excellent both physically and optically and I did not try to justify not owning them because I read someone else had a bad opinion. The only reason I did not purchase them was at the time I had too many other 8x32 binoculars I was not even using. I 'll take the chance for 50% off, if I get a defective pair(lemon) I will just return for another.
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 18:04   #3232
rdcny

Best Binoculars October 2017 (non-brand names)

article on best binoculars in 8x42 size (published mid-October 2017): https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-binoculars/
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 18:06   #3233
jgraider

I've owned the Meopta Meostar (Cabelas Euro) HD's in both 10x42 and 8x32. They are fantastic, period, and I own EL SV's and SLC HD's to compare them to. Are they SV's.....no. Are they SLC HD's.....almost indistinguishable to me. The only nit I can pick with the 8x32's is their small oculars didn't fit my face very well. Glass is every bit as good, if not slightly better, than my SLCwb 8x30's.

Fear not, they are excellent.
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 21:54   #3234
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespiderweb View Post
OK, but that's still only 4 reviews out of 80, so a pretty slim percentage had problems with those. And if you read enough reviews, you'd probably find that percentage that have trouble with any binoculars ever made, due to the human element always present in evaluations.
Check out the reviews on the Nikon 8x30 EII on Amazon.com. Twelve 5 star ratings and really no criticism except for them not being waterproof. I challenge you to find a 1 star review on a Swarovski.

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Binocul...Nikon+8x30+EII
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 21:57   #3235
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraider View Post
I've owned the Meopta Meostar (Cabelas Euro) HD's in both 10x42 and 8x32. They are fantastic, period, and I own EL SV's and SLC HD's to compare them to. Are they SV's.....no. Are they SLC HD's.....almost indistinguishable to me. The only nit I can pick with the 8x32's is their small oculars didn't fit my face very well. Glass is every bit as good, if not slightly better, than my SLCwb 8x30's.

Fear not, they are excellent.
That was the same problem I had with the Euro's. The small oculars didn't fit my face well. You kind of have to question why the Euro's are 50% off also. Maybe they are coming out with a new models or maybe they don't sell well then you have to ask yourself. Why?

Last edited by denco@comcast.n : Thursday 2nd November 2017 at 22:00.
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 22:01   #3236
jgraider

Dennis, the small ocular problem was with the 8x32 only, IME. Yes, they are coming out with a new Cabelas euro binocular, made by Meopta.
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 22:02   #3237
denco@comcast.n

[quote=gcole;3638618]
Quote:
It sounds like they are all on the Euro HD even though some are on different magnifications. I still don't see any reviews on Swarovski's or Nikon EII's like this on any magnifications. I find the critical reviews more important than the positive reviews. It is a red flag for me.

Come on give us a break ..... Its just like when I remember my brother talking me into taking into my mouth a spoon full of LIMA beans for the first time. He expected me to spit them out just because he had. I ended up liking them when he did not ...... You know where I am going with this. Well I am going to anyway, For many reasons NOT Everyone Sees things the Same. I happened to try a pair a few years ago at a Cabelas store. Thought they were excellent both physically and optically and I did not try to justify not owning them because I read someone else had a bad opinion. The only reason I did not purchase them was at the time I had too many other 8x32 binoculars I was not even using. I 'll take the chance for 50% off, if I get a defective pair(lemon) I will just return for another.
I agree for that price they are worth trying. Let us know how you like them. I never liked Lima Beans. My mother always made us eat them. My grandfather loved them.
Old Thursday 2nd November 2017, 22:03   #3238
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Dennis, the small ocular problem was with the 8x32 only, IME. Yes, they are coming out with a new Cabelas euro binocular, made by Meopta.
Maybe they will change the ocular size on the 8x32.
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 00:41   #3239
gcole

[quote=denco@comcast.n;3638716]
Quote:
I agree for that price they are worth trying. Let us know how you like them. I never liked Lima Beans. My mother always made us eat them. My grandfather loved them.
I will give my opinion sometime late PM tomorrow, that's when they are going to be delivered. By the way as things changed, so as my taste for Lima beans. I do not care for the taste anymore. So goes the same for my eyesight this past year. If my eyes see things now in a negative way when I take another look thru the Meopta 8x32 I will send them on to another owner.
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 00:48   #3240
chill6x6

Reviews.... You know a review is only as good as the REVIEWER? If one has NO IDEA who the reviewer is or their history, the review is...well....WORTHLESS!

On thing IS for certain....
The Meopta B.1/Cabela's Euro HD 8X32 is nothing short of a super binocular for the money that will show binoculars double in price a thing or two. I have absolutely ZERO hesitation recommending this binocular....providing the ergonomics(eye cups) suit the user. It is a great binocular at retail price and at $400, it's really a no-brainer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0149.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	645116  

BF Supporter 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 01:00   #3241
NDhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill6x6 View Post
Reviews.... You know a review is only as good as the REVIEWER? If one has NO IDEA who the reviewer is or their history, the review is...well....WORTHLESS!

The Meopta B.1/Cabela's Euro HD 8X32 is nothing short of a super binocular for the money that will show binoculars double in price a thing or two. I have absolutely ZERO hesitation recommending this binocular....providing the ergonomics(eye cups) suit the user. It is a great binocular at retail price and at $400, it's really a no-brainer!
These seem to be good, but an important question is if the warranty is
transferrable to a second owner.

I have seen reports that it will not on the Cabela's models.

It would be helpful if someone could clarify this one.

Jerry
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 01:29   #3242
denco@comcast.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill6x6 View Post

How does the Cabella Euro HD 8x32 compare to the Nikon MHG?
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 01:40   #3243
jgraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhunter View Post

Jerry

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cust...Name=Guarantee
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 01:48   #3244
NDhunter

Quote:
That confirms it, the Cabela's warranty does not transfer.

I wonder about the Meopta warranty and how it compares.

Jerry
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 02:37   #3245
jgraider

Why do you say the Cabelas warranty doesn't transfer?

I know for sure that Meopta's does though.
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 02:43   #3246
NDhunter

Quote:
Why do you say the Cabelas warranty doesn't transfer?

I know for sure that Meopta's does though.
That is the difference...............they are not the same........

Jerry
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 13:38   #3247
jgraider

OK. We'll agree to disagree on the Cabelas warranty. You do not have to register your purchase with Cabelas to get the warranty. They have no idea who owns it.
Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 14:23   #3248
chill6x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhunter View Post

Jerry
Here you GO:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91C67553-0DBF-4F10-9882-339AA24BB53A21.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	645169  Click image for larger version

Name:	FE47D91A-30B3-443A-A179-FAB528E91B5C2.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	645170  

Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 14:27   #3249
chill6x6

Quote:
How does the Cabella Euro HD 8x32 compare to the Nikon MHG?
I never owned them at the same time...hard to say. My brother and I we birding...he forgot his binoculars...I always have an extra or two and he had a choice between an FL 8X32 and the Euro HD 8X32. After about two minutes we went birding he using the Euro HDs. He later bought them from me!

Old Friday 3rd November 2017, 14:52   #3250
jgraider

Thank you for the warranty info from Cabelas Chuck. I learned something there for sure.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: