Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 3rd October 2008, 10:04   #1
Nightranger
Senior Moment

Elton Reservoir

Elton is always a bit hit and miss but yesterday was one of the hits yielding a pair of very wary bullfinches, a visiting juvenile greenshank and whinchat and a small passing flock of meadow pipits. As if that was not enough, some of the local birds decided to compete for attention with some great views of a kingfisher and up to three jays. The weather has improved (if the temperatures have not) so I am off to different pastures (or at least a woodland) but more rain tomorrow and the possibility of more magrants dropping in.
Old Friday 3rd October 2008, 13:01   #2
rezMole

Elton has had a great year this year with 125+ species seen including some very nice birds: WWB Tern, Shag, Pale Billied Brents etc.
Old Friday 3rd October 2008, 13:08   #3
kasfig

elton

I saw the little gull there last year
Old Friday 3rd October 2008, 13:11   #4
Morph
1st Class Dipper

Simon Warford & Ian Campbell both of whom list on Manchester Birding seem to have had quite a good year up there, think I'll give it a go soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: