• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji 7x28 US Military M24 - Specs and comments please! (1 Viewer)

Im thinking about trying these out. Any specs, information, and use comments appreciated.

Hello Orbitaljump,

I tried researching these, some years, ago, and met with a lack of information. Discussion of the binoculars, did mention that resolution was not its strong point. Ruggedness was apparently more important to the military. Like most military binoculars it is probably indivividual focus.

I believe that there may be a civilian model called the Apache.

Happy observing,
Arthur Pinewood

Thanks Pinewood. Ive found US Military binoculars to be better than average to fantastic....from B&L 7x50s WW2 and M19 to Bushnell 7x35 Rangemasters and the Fuji M22s 7x50s.

Im curious about these binoculars....there seem to be several manufacturers as well.

I got curious about these awhile back. Lots of information is not really easily available. The most common manufacturer seems to be Weems & Plath, although Fujinon is sometimes listed. The glass is also referred to as "M-24 Apache". Every place that carries these binoculars show them with a military style range finding reticle. The range finding reticle is alleged to be optional, but there was never any place I saw that actually offered the option of actually ordering the binocular without the ranging feature. They are not phase corrected and they are individual focus.

Last edited:
The Weems & Plath Apache 7X28 was the first M24 supplier

http://www.weems-plath.com/cgi-bin/...emNumber=BN29&categoryKey=27&subCategoryKey=0

but now Fujinon are making an 7x28 to the M24 specs

http://www.fujinon.de/en/optical-pr...onarticles_data&articleId=82&cHash=ba5f98acd2

Note as with all military bins they're IF so not great for birding (unless everything you look at is over 300m away!).

Plus the real mil version have a laser filter that rather messes with the color and brightness. THey may make a civilian version without the filter.

Not really a birding bin ... you'd be better off with a civilian bin for birding.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back