Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 28th October 2009, 01:21   #1
UtahnBirder

What are my options with this camera?

My mom has a Konica Minolta Dimage Z2. It's zoom is... not very good for birdwatching. What would my options be with this camera? Could I get good shots with it if I had a 400m zoom lens for it? Do they make a 400m zoom lens for it?
Old Wednesday 28th October 2009, 03:29   #2
eastwood

Konica-minolta has sold the business to Sony.
Digging out the thread, this is a 4 megapixel digital with 10 times optical zoom to 380 mm (35mm equivalent, and forget about the digital zoom), the lens cannot be changed. It said that there is a conversion ring for filters and converters. I don't know what converter it can hold and what's the power of the converter. If you can manage to get a set of cheap second-hand, you can try it. If it turns out to be expensive, may be put the money in a newer long zoom model in the market.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...z2-review.html

BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: