• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

Thankyou Peter,
I have to go to London for a few days + grandaughters birthday just to show you how far I have got. Till next week.

Attachments

• Pavo5.jpg
    Pavo5.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 163
Looking good Arthur, good luck with the foreground and enjoy your grandaughter's birthday. Jelly and ice-cream or G+T?

Woody

Bright, light bird - great composition, I think - another for the framers! Happy G-D's Birthday and have a wonderful time (they tell me that seeing the Grand'uns grow gives even more satisfaction than seeing the offspring grow - if that's the case - I can't wait. See ya next week Arthur!)

Hi Arthur,

Lovely work here. The Avocet is very striking and brave. My favoutite though is the Jackdaw, great portrait of a great bird. They have bags of personality and intelligence and you have it going on right there in the study..hats off to you!

Thankyou all, back now . Had a great time with all the grandchildren.Second childhood for me spoilt them rotten, then hand them back when worn out.
I think thats what they mean by being better Tim.
Started on the foreground for the Avo. Its May as well time to get the sketch book out or I will be left behind by all of you.

Attachments

• Pavo6.jpg
    Pavo6.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 83
Time to leave alone and sharpen the my pencils for the sketchathon.

draft and fin. painting. acrylic on board.17 1/2" x 12 1/2".

Attachments

• Sk Avo.jpg
    Sk Avo.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Pavo7.jpg
    Pavo7.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 105
A luminous bird and I am VERY jealous of your barbed wire! If I'd have painted that I'd be careful where I put my hands! Glad you had a good time with the grandchildren.

Just to add another thought Arthur, I'm really pleased to see that you're producing some very daring pieces now. Whereas before, some of your work, I felt, was resting on your obvious talent, ie ,you knew how to make a great looking picture without taking any risks. Great to see risks being taken in composition and light and to see the success achieved in the result! Looking forward to your next piece with great anticipation.

in the garden today couldn't resist these two full face. drawn up in crayon

Attachments

• Tits.jpg
    Tits.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I love these, so many people get the brightest yellows and blues out for tits but the restrained subtle use of colour has made these a success.

These are lovely. Particularily the Great Tit, nice use of colour as Nick mentioned and brave choice of pose in my opinion Arthur. Not easy to get these right head on. Very nicely done...

These are superb, Arthur - the one facing away is just SO right!
Nice anecdote (to paraphrase Clint Eastwood - "sparrowhawk gotta eat too!")

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back