Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 23rd March 2010, 18:26   #1
LMBird

Does anyone have any exp using a Nikon Prostaff 16-48x 65mm scope

I do not have a spotting scope and cannot afford to spend a lot of money on one. I was reading in the Audubon mag, the nikon prostaff 16-48x 65 scope received good ratings. Is there anyone out there using this scope or has used this scope and can tell me what they think about it?

Thanks,
Lauren
Old Tuesday 23rd March 2010, 21:03   #2
theconstantwalker
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_constant_walker/?details=1

Hi Lauren, this was my first scope and i loved it (used it for two years).It was all i could afford at the time and to be honest although i have upgraded to the ED glass scopes in normal everyday use i can't see any real difference in the view. It's lighter than it's big brothers so very easy to carry around. I don't think you will be disappointed with this scope and the 20x and 30x fixed E/P's are very bright to use if you can't get on with the zoom. (seen these going very cheap on e*ay in the states at the moment).
Blog http://rambleswithacamera.blogspot.com/

Last edited by theconstantwalker : Tuesday 23rd March 2010 at 23:47.
BF Supporter 2010 2011
Click here to Support BirdForum
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: