Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 18th June 2010, 11:50   #1
tpcollins

Older Gold Ring versus new HD

The 8x32 Gold Ring pre-HD Leupolds are discounted online at $339 and the newer HD models are nearly twice that much. If greener greens is what the HD offers and the previous models are just as clear and sharp, then the older models seem like a decent bargain - unless I'm missing something? Thanks.
Old Sunday 27th June 2010, 21:37   #2
Dan2nd

I owned the 8x32 non-HD last year. The image was remarkable and I would have kept them if it wasnt for the strap attachment lugs being so low on the binocular. I couldnt hold the binoculars without them digging into my hand. I have never encountered this with any binoculars before. The rubber armor coating was loose in spots and seemed a bit cheap. The image was stunning though. I wear glasses and the eye relief was very good. I am not sure the HD models are any different in regards to the strap attachments.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: