Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old Friday 6th August 2010, 21:30   #1
ZEN-RAY

11th Meeting of Binoculars History Society

I mentioned this in the list of optics event thread. But I figure it's probably better to start a thread of its own. If you are into binoculars collection, don't miss the opportunity to meet some of the best experts in this field from the world, such as Jack Kelly, Peter Abrahams.

Meeting Announcement
The 11th meeting of the Binocular History Society
September 3-6, 2010
Hilton Hotel and Conference Center
Vancouver, Washington (USA not Canada)

It's a great opportunity to meet a diverse group of expert collectors, restorers and historians of binoculars from all over the world. On site, you will see the largest vintage Nikon binoculars collection, including 180mm binoculars mounted on the Japanese naval ships during WW2. You will also get to see Jack Kelly's wide variety of vintage binoculars collection: Busch, Goerz, Hensoldt, Leica, Zeiss, Nikon. The guest speakers include: Jack Kelly, Peter Abrahams, Jürgen Laucher, et al.

Please contact Jack Kelly (binocs@msn.com) to reserve your place. Do not miss this opportunity (especially if you are from Pacific NW :)) to see some of the world’s most scenic country through some of the most historic binoculars ever made.

Thanks

Charles
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BHS Vancouver Birders Announcement August 6.pdf (147.7 KB, 401 views)

Be one of the first 1000 who Likes Zen-Ray on Facebook and win 7x36 ZEN ED2 binoculars

BF Supporter 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 6th August 2010, 22:04   #2
John M Robinson

I sure wish I could go to that but my September is filled each weekend running my dogs in field trials, culminating the last weekend at the Golden retriever national Specialty FT in Colorado. I want to see those WWII Japanese Naval behemoths!
Old Sunday 8th August 2010, 02:08   #3
FrankD

Nice Charles. If they had an east coast convention I would certainly attend. I would love to learn more about the history of binoculars and get to handle/look at some of the older models.
Old Sunday 8th August 2010, 06:42   #4
Martin Fagg
Registered Member

I need a big lottery win very soon :)
Old Tuesday 10th August 2010, 03:20   #5
ZEN-RAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankD View Post
Nice Charles. If they had an east coast convention I would certainly attend. I would love to learn more about the history of binoculars and get to handle/look at some of the older models.
I am sure it will eventually rotate to east coast one day. I will check with BHS and find out their future conference schedule.

Be one of the first 1000 who Likes Zen-Ray on Facebook and win 7x36 ZEN ED2 binoculars

BF Supporter 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: