Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 14th December 2010, 22:20   #1
spuddle

Habicht Swarovski Optik SL Ferngläser 10x40 binoculars owned by Lorant de Bastyai

Hi there binocular enthusiasts,
I inherited a pair of nice Habicht Swarovski bins, they actually belonged to my Uncle Lorant de Bastyai who was a fairly well known Falconer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorant_de_Bastyai

Forgive me if this is not the correct place to post this, do let me know where I should instead if that is the case.

I have struggled to find information or indeed a list of specifications on these particular Swarovski bins, so I was wondering if anyone on here knows a little about them? Specifically the eye-relief and how to tell if they are in good shape etc. The box indicates these are Habicht Swarovski Optik SL Ferngläser 10x40 binoculars.

Some pictures I uploaded on Flickr

I have no use for the binoculars personally, so they are up on eBay and hopefully someone else will get more out of them!

Thanks for reading, if there are any experts on these forums I'll be interested to know anything more about these particular binoculars!

- Myles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5257787134_bf6cf4f2ce_z.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	298646  

Last edited by spuddle : Tuesday 14th December 2010 at 22:25.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: