Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 30th April 2011, 14:52   #1
AJP

Saw a crow catch a mouse :)

I live in PA where the crow population is rampant. They are generally considered a major pest but I think they are beautiful and intelligent birds. I was sitting at a red light and saw one a few feet away in field. He ducked his head down and when he came back up, grass flew everywhere and I thought he was collecting for a nest -- until a grey mouse went up in the air! I think the crow startled himself because he jumped back and flapped his wings, but went right back at it and came up with it in his beak. Amazing! Of course I came home and looked up "crows hunt mice" on Google and sure enough, they do! I feel privileged to have seen this display of nature so close up. :)
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: