Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 25th October 2011, 23:00   #1
birdboybowley

Hummingbird author.....?

Hey all

Just a shot in the dark here but I have approached Princeton Uni Press with the idea of producing a family monograph on hummers and the editor is interested...which is always the first hurdle! I'm up for doing the illustrations obviously but need an author. Does anyone know of any crazy such person that would entertain this idea? The book would (hopefully) run in the format of Helm monographs, with plates, individual text and (even more hopefully) photos at the back....Helm in the UK are weirdly ambivalent about making such a book - their loss, as I think it would sell in droves...especially when looking at how similar books about less widely-appreciated families sell. There is no comprehensive book containing all the hummers of the world - except HBW, which, by its very nature cannot be overly detailed.
Yes, the end product would not be cheap but, again, as HBW has proved, people (esp birders!!) will spend money on a quality product.
So, if anyone has a bright idea, please let me know

Cheers
Ads

www.adambowleyart.com

Last edited by birdboybowley : Tuesday 25th October 2011 at 23:04.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: