Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 29th November 2012, 06:03   #1
Seashore

Wedge-tailed Eagle - Pilbara, Western Australia

I never cease to get a buzz at seeing a Wedge-tailed Eagle up close and this one feeding on a kangaroo carcass just south of Karratha was just to good an opportunity not to photograph. I hope you enjoy seeing the pictures as much as I did photographing them.

They can be found on my blog at:

http://topbirdsandeveryfing.typepad....rds-everyfing/

Old Thursday 29th November 2012, 08:13   #2
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

That certainly is a handsome (girl?).

I have seen them take down full size live roos, although there sure is an abundance of easy (if somewhat dangerous) pickings on the road-side for the young-uns.

I hope with all the clearing, de-watering, and roadkill, that we will not be responsible somehow for a move by the mighty wedgie to devolve along glorified vulture-type lines .........

Chosun

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: