Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 21st October 2004, 23:05   #1
jimtfoto

Birding In Costa Rica

Hello all ... we are planning a trip to Costa Rica in December/January. Looking for info on this birder's paradise. I know it's probably all available on the Internet and in various birding books, however, we got some great advice from a forum member prior to our trip to Barbados last month, and I'm hoping you guys will come through again for our next expedition.

cheers,
jim
- Ansel Adams
Old Thursday 21st October 2004, 23:44   #2
erizzo
Chilenito

I dont know if this will help you, but in the last issue of Birders World there was an articule about birding in Costa Rica. If you would lilke to see it here's the page
http://www.birdersworld.com/brd/default.aspx?c=a&id=348
It has some pretty good info in it. Anyways thats what I thought.
Good luck Jim
Old Friday 22nd October 2004, 01:15   #3
jimtfoto

Erik ... thanks for the link .... great article ... I also signed up for the Birder's World forums .... didn't know about them either ... while doing some Internet research on some birds we photographed in Barbados I came across a couple of other superb bird sites ... you may want to check them out
http://www.bsc-eoc.org/links/links.jsp?page=g_1
http://www.bsc-eoc.org/avibase/aviba...g=home&lang=EN
http://www.camacdonald.com/birding/birdindex.html

cheers, and thanks,
jim
- Ansel Adams
Old Friday 22nd October 2004, 01:32   #4
sungrebe

We did a coast to coast swing through Costa Rica; Tortuguero National Park on the east coast; Monteverde Cloud Forest in the central mountains; Carara National reserve on the Pacific side. Got some great birds. It wasn't exclusively a birding tour ( it was a general ecotour with International Expeditions), but our guide was a bird expert, and we got a great life list. THere are some places I would still like to see there (Corcovado, Cerro De La Muerte), but I would say that this was a good introduction. Tortuguero NP was especially fascinating. Also, great Hummingbirds all over, especially Monteverde.
Old Friday 22nd October 2004, 01:42   #5
jimtfoto

thanks for the tip ... I'll pass that along to my wife, who plans the spots we'll visit.

cheers,
jim
- Ansel Adams
Old Friday 22nd October 2004, 20:02   #6
erizzo
Chilenito

Thanks Jim
I realy like the camacdonald page. It has goofd hotspots for Chile too. So I enjoy checking places out on there.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: