• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spoon-billed sandpiper (1 Viewer)

Excellent. I considered going to look 2 wweks ago but decided it was probably too early. I'll probably have a try around new year.
Where did you hear/see the reports?

I lead trips there Graeme, I have friends that visit the sites regularly and update. Sometimes it takes a while for them to settle into routines, the New Year is a good period to visit.

I had six of them at Pad Thale last November. Fortunately they were easy to find initially, though gradually moved further away from us as the sun got higher. The tour guide I was with said he'd never seen that many there!

One of those birding moments I will always remember.:t:

Per Phil Round -

LEG_FLAGGED SPOON-BILLED SANDPIPER
Mr Tii reported a Spoon-billed Sandpiper with a probably engraved white flag at Samut Maneerat Saltpans, Samut Sakhon this morning. This is almost certainly one of 20 or so SBS that were head-started chicks from Chuchotka this year. If so, it is the first that has been seen anywhere along the flyway. It is crucial that we identify this individual, which mean that somebody needs to read and report the number. Ideally, a digital photo would be best, so photographers are encouraged to get in touch with Mr Tii (081-005-8974) and arrange to see the bird.
Thanks, Phil Round

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back