Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 31st January 2014, 12:28   #1
dantheman
Bah humbug

February's Challenge ...

This month took part in the foot-it challenge, where you try to see as many species on foot in your local patch as possible in January - managed what I consider a wholly respectable 95 species within 2 miles of the house (missed a few so could have been more, plus there's still one afternoon to go ...)

Been meaning to do some sketching/drawing of birds/wildlife for years now (B in GCSE art a long, long time ago, tried sketching seagulls on a neighbours roof once in the intervening period), so setting myself the challenge of sketching/capturing as many species as I can see this month to keep something going and finally open the cellophane on the odd drawing pad I've accrued over the years (I also have a camera I don't know how to use, so that may come into the equation too ... ).

Guessing it will most certainly be quantity over quality if I actually manage to do any drawing in the field. There are also too many other important things I should be doing, plus if it doesn't stop raining it might be a bit tricky.

We'll see ...

Last edited by dantheman : Friday 31st January 2014 at 14:28.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: