Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 22nd May 2014, 22:22   #1
falconer2

Tripod help for digiscp

the tripod i use now shakes and quivers when i press the shutter button. i believe i need a new tripod. a few of my fellow birders use gitzo here in Canada i was looking (online) at the gt 1541 and the gt 1540. both have 4 sections. my present tripod uses 3 sections. are 4 better than 3? both gitzo's are cf.
will i need to use the timer on my camera or will the tripod (either one) keep my scope and camera vibration free?
thank you for all help. believe me i need it. its a hefty investment.
Old Thursday 22nd May 2014, 22:56   #2
dannat

3 or 4 sections doesn't really matter -its the quality of the tripod legs themselves (prob can't go to wrong with gitzo)
its still a good idea to use remote shutter/timer -often its touching the camera button which introduces some tiny cam vibration - a good tripod helps -as does having it securely spiked into the ground, and having a head which has a much greater weight capacity than your rig. imo the head /tripod should be reported to carry twice the weight of your rig
keeping out of the wind helps also
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: