Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 28th February 2005, 12:30   #1
Ichthy
Registered Birder

Malaysia Borneo

Have been traveling (and birding) a bit of SE Asia. I loved Borneo and spent a few months exploring some of the National Parks in Sabah and Sarawak (and Brunei too).

I'm sitting in a noisy net-cafe somewhere in the Philippines at the moment so I havn't got my species list with me now - But I'd love to hear if you've been aswell and where and what you saw...

I'll be back on-line in a few days and I'll share a few of my fave's then. I know Mt Kinabalu we saw the most species and Bako National Park was pretty amazing too (we also saw Proboscus Monkeys... yeehaa!).

Love to hear your stories.

Cheers

Old Monday 28th February 2005, 15:05   #2
cuckooroller

Hi Ichthy,
Maybe you have crossed paths with one of our fellow BF members, presently and for some time in the Philippines, James Eaton. Right now he is waiting to board a boat for Calayan tomorrow to go gunning (not literally!) for the Rail.

Would love to read your Philippine report. Maybe you might send it to me.

Records Committee, WBCP
http://www.birdwatch.ph/
Neotropical Bird Club
Old Monday 28th February 2005, 15:49   #3
Edward woodwood

hope you got Everett's Thrush and the Friendly Warbler

enjoy your time out there and make the most of it

you're a long time back home!

Tim
Old Monday 28th February 2005, 17:57   #4
Chris D

Last summer. Spent a week at the BRL in the Danum Valley. Highlights were plenty--birds, people, mammals, frogs, bugs. Probably the greatest bird experiences were 9 Bristleheads feeding together, Bornean (Sunda) Ground Cuckoo, Paradise Flycatcher, White Bellied Woodpeckers (With Orang Utans above), 6 species of Hornbill, all the sleeping birds at night, and Wallace's Flying Frog. I was as blown away by the mammals too. Endless, bizarre, magical. We're hopefully gonna get back in 06 to the same place, spend some time at Kinabalu Park (that spiderhunter), then let things heal again at Pulau Perhentian Besar, where I saw 2 Nicobar Pigeons. I think I used up all my luck on that trip. Probably see mynas the rest of my life. Chris
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: