Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Thursday 4th September 2014, 12:47   #1
shezza

Can Someone Help Me choose?

Hi all, I am thinking of getting a camcorder does anyone know if there is a vast difference between the Canon XA25 and the Canon Legria G30. Also what are the images like when the digital zoom is used?
Old Friday 5th September 2014, 17:32   #2
iveljay

If you Google

Canon XA25 vs Canon Legria G30

There are many comparisons between the G30 and the XA20/25 mainly the 20 but at least one considers the 25 which is not vastly different to the 20, they have done a good job in drawing out the differences.

This one for starters http://tubeshooter.co.uk/2013/06/22/...0-xa25-hf-g30/

Looks like it depends on how much you want to spend on a handle, all that connectivity and IR capability.

They both look pretty good cameras on paper.

I'm afraid that I don't use Canon for video so cannot comment on its digital zoom, personally I avoid it and use tele convertors made to match my camera by its manufacturer. Or much like a still camera I use something with a longer optical reach. Either way you reach the point where image stabilisation is fighting a losing battle and a good fluid head becomes a must.

Good luck choosing - if you are primarily interested in pictures and not high quality sound I think I know which I would choose, but then I already have sound gear.
Old Saturday 11th October 2014, 20:45   #3
kelvin.dunford

Hi shezza,it depends what you are going to use camcorder for.normal use ie;family etc;o/k.But if you want to go into wildlife video,then from my own experience,for clarity and quality of video,optical is far better than digital.I use a Canon xl1s dv,camcorder,with a canon adapter,this gives me 7times magnification,using a canon ef 70-300 lens,my max optical zoom is just over 2000/milimetre.with this set up a good quality tripod is a must,plus a good fluid head.Hope this helps.Regards,K.D.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: