• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Life and Art of William T. Cooper (1 Viewer)

There has been a book out now for a few months that tells about Bill Cooper's life and shows lots of his art achievements, mainly but not exclusively birds. I have posted some info in the books forum: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=3092192#post3092192

I have no connections to anyone involved, I'm just so intrigued by Cooper's bird art that I feel I have to spread the info.

Agreed.The book includes some stunning art work,and is a must if you have any of his other books.
Tom Lawson.

Agreed.The book includes some stunning art work,and is a must if you have any of his other books.
Tom Lawson.

It's also interesting to compare the quality of the reproductions. I'm in the fortunate situation to own the original Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds book. Compared to those fabulous plates, the reproductions in the present biography really fall off. But comparing the reproductions of the Turacos, there is much less difference. Of course, the Turacos book had not been printed with the same level of excellence in mind. And it's also only about the same size as the biography.

Wish all the Cooper monographs would be re-issued in a printing standard comparable to the one of the Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds. The portfolios are not only way too expensive - if available at all - to the average art lover, they are also much too large for comfortable viewing.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back