Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Tuesday 14th October 2014, 20:22   #1
Swissboy

The Life and Art of William T. Cooper

There has been a book out now for a few months that tells about Bill Cooper's life and shows lots of his art achievements, mainly but not exclusively birds. I have posted some info in the books forum: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread....92#post3092192

I have no connections to anyone involved, I'm just so intrigued by Cooper's bird art that I feel I have to spread the info.
!

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 15th October 2014, 09:46   #2
Tom Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissboy View Post
There has been a book out now for a few months that tells about Bill Cooper's life and shows lots of his art achievements, mainly but not exclusively birds. I have posted some info in the books forum: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread....92#post3092192

I have no connections to anyone involved, I'm just so intrigued by Cooper's bird art that I feel I have to spread the info.
Agreed.The book includes some stunning art work,and is a must if you have any of his other books.
Tom Lawson.
Old Wednesday 22nd October 2014, 20:39   #3
Swissboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lawson View Post
Agreed.The book includes some stunning art work,and is a must if you have any of his other books.
Tom Lawson.
It's also interesting to compare the quality of the reproductions. I'm in the fortunate situation to own the original Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds book. Compared to those fabulous plates, the reproductions in the present biography really fall off. But comparing the reproductions of the Turacos, there is much less difference. Of course, the Turacos book had not been printed with the same level of excellence in mind. And it's also only about the same size as the biography.

Wish all the Cooper monographs would be re-issued in a printing standard comparable to the one of the Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds. The portfolios are not only way too expensive - if available at all - to the average art lover, they are also much too large for comfortable viewing.
!

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: