Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Monday 9th March 2015, 00:49   #1
gcole
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 926
Vortex Razor LE Eyepiece On The Swaro 65 HD Spotting Scope ?

I have read here on the forum, that the Vortex Razor 85 HD Zoom eyepiece will not properly fit on Swaro 65 HD due to the barrel being to long. I was wondering if the LE eyepiece (RZR-Ler1) which is 18x on the Vortex 65 HD will properly fit on the Swaro. I ask this because the barrel on the LE eyepiece is about 1/8' shorter than the zoom eyepiece I have that goes with the Vortex 65 HD . Has anyone tried to mount the 18x Vortex long eye relief eyepiece on the Swaro 65 HD ? . .. gwen.

Last edited by gcole : Monday 9th March 2015 at 01:23.
gcole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Saturday 30th May 2015, 18:20   #2
SportOptics
Registered User
 
SportOptics's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hammond, LA
Posts: 16
Hope this helps!

gcole, I just tried a razor WA lens in a STS 65 and it worked great. I dont have the RZR-LER1 on hand to give it a try. I will contact vortex on monday to get dimensions to try to get you an answer.
Good luck!
Ben Baham


Quality Optics:
SportOptics.com

Quality Reviews:
www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzBQ7yHf-9QtZmE_ZDXJIQ
SportOptics is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Monday 1st June 2015, 15:19   #3
SportOptics
Registered User
 
SportOptics's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hammond, LA
Posts: 16
Hope this helps!

gcole, I spoke to Vortex today and they stated that if the WA eye fit that the LER eyepiece should as well.

Ben Baham


Quality Optics:
SportOptics.com

Quality Reviews:
www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzBQ7yHf-9QtZmE_ZDXJIQ
SportOptics is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 10th July 2015, 07:07   #4
Boogieshrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcole View Post
I have read here on the forum, that the Vortex Razor 85 HD Zoom eyepiece will not properly fit on Swaro 65 HD due to the barrel being to long. I was wondering if the LE eyepiece (RZR-Ler1) which is 18x on the Vortex 65 HD will properly fit on the Swaro. I ask this because the barrel on the LE eyepiece is about 1/8' shorter than the zoom eyepiece I have that goes with the Vortex 65 HD . Has anyone tried to mount the 18x Vortex long eye relief eyepiece on the Swaro 65 HD ? . .. gwen.
Hi Gwen,

if your looking for a fixed low mag e/p, have you considered this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swarovski-...item1c4eeb4734

I use it on an ATM65 and really like it. It's original use was on the AT80 so it's not to the same standard as the more modern e/ps but it is very bright and quite wide. It's wider fov than the Vortex.

I posted here about it:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=301438

All the best
BS

PS- I am not linked to the seller of the e/p in anyway, other than being a satisfied customer a few times in the past.

Last edited by Boogieshrew : Friday 10th July 2015 at 07:11.
Boogieshrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday 14th July 2015, 13:28   #5
gcole
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieshrew View Post
Hi Gwen,

if your looking for a fixed low mag e/p, have you considered this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swarovski-...item1c4eeb4734

I use it on an ATM65 and really like it. It's original use was on the AT80 so it's not to the same standard as the more modern e/ps but it is very bright and quite wide. It's wider fov than the Vortex.

I posted here about it:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=301438

All the best
BS

PS- I am not linked to the seller of the e/p in anyway, other than being a satisfied customer a few times in the past.
Hi .... Thanks for the info. Since my original question I was able to purchase a New (old stock) Swarovski 30x W eyepiece from Cameralandny which mounts nicely on my Vortex Razor HD 65mm. Now having the Swaro 30x W eyepiece, along with the Vortex LE 18x eyepiece I am no longer considering the Swaro 65 scope/Vortex LE 18x combo. The Vortex Razor HD 65 is an amazing value, costing hundreds of dollars less. In my case I paid $650 less than the Swarovski 65 HD when I purchased the Vortex scope from Opticsplanet. I doubt very much if there is any other 65mm scope that can match the low power view that Vortex Razor HD does when used with the two eyepieces I now have. Would I buy the Swarovski 65 HD, yes ... just to compare the two but I do not think I will ever see a New Swaro 65mm HD sell for what you can get a Vortex 65 HD for. ...gwen
gcole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday 14th July 2015, 20:42   #6
Boogieshrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcole View Post
Hi .... Thanks for the info. Since my original question I was able to purchase a New (old stock) Swarovski 30x W eyepiece from Cameralandny which mounts nicely on my Vortex Razor HD 65mm. Now having the Swaro 30x W eyepiece, along with the Vortex LE 18x eyepiece I am no longer considering the Swaro 65 scope/Vortex LE 18x combo. The Vortex Razor HD 65 is an amazing value, costing hundreds of dollars less. In my case I paid $650 less than the Swarovski 65 HD when I purchased the Vortex scope from Opticsplanet. I doubt very much if there is any other 65mm scope that can match the low power view that Vortex Razor HD does when used with the two eyepieces I now have. Would I buy the Swarovski 65 HD, yes ... just to compare the two but I do not think I will ever see a New Swaro 65mm HD sell for what you can get a Vortex 65 HD for. ...gwen
The Razor is a great scope and as you say, great value. I tried the Razor and a Swaro 65 HD side by side a year or two ago and there was very little difference between the two. The only difference I remember is the colourcast, with the Razor being cooler or bluer.

The older Swaro e/ps are good value too.

I jusr bought a 15x one but, disappointingly, the fov is the same as the 22x e/p that I have. I was hoping it would be a lot wider.

Enjoy your new optics
BS
Boogieshrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Reply


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vortex Razor HD 65mm With Optional 18x Eyepiece gcole Vortex 5 Monday 24th March 2014 21:29
Vortex Razor HD and ZEN ED2 spotting scope gainsbeen Spotting Scopes & tripod/heads 3 Tuesday 21st February 2012 23:51
Vortex Razor HD Spotting Scope v Nikon Scope EDG Fieldscope 85 birdybill Spotting Scopes & tripod/heads 35 Saturday 16th July 2011 03:22

{googleads}
£100 Cashback on Opticron DBA VHD Binoculars. Click to find out more.

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Help support BirdForum

Page generated in 0.16038203 seconds with 15 queries
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:09.