Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 24th June 2015, 07:27   #1
Mario8

First day with Papilio11 6.5x21

My new Papilios arrived today, noon in Central Cal,hot bright sunny day, unpacked them in my barn.
First impression wow these are super bright! looked around long distance in my Pistachio orchard,good sharpness,read signs on top of telephone posts clearly, not bad.
Next I brought out my 8x56 Celestron Ultimas from the 80's for comparison, same FOV similar brightness at daytime and same magnification?huh?what? I kept looking at the magnification on the Papilio binoculars to make sure these were 6.5 and not 8.5x.The magnification of 6.5 on the Papilios is equivalent to my 8x Celestrons so those who think 6.5 is too weak a power...not so in the Papilios.
Of course my Celestrons have better ER and the image is more 3D in comparison.But the new multicoatings really are game changers so much brighter then I recall on earlier compacts.
Good compacts these Papilios!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: