Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 12th September 2015, 20:32   #1
Jacek Zarzycki

lost eye relief ring

Can anyone tell me how to buy it ? It is maybe 10 usd item, that anyone can screw into ocular, but I am uanble to find service or online shop that would sell it.
Old Monday 14th September 2015, 17:08   #2
billb9430

Jacek, is this for a Pentax XW, XF, or perhaps an XL 40 mm? All those Pentax eyepieces have removable eye relief rings. Unless someone on this board has an extra, perhaps from a damaged eyepiece, I suspect that you will need to contact Pentax directly. I've not had very good luck doing that. I needed a replacement for the little plastic collar that lines the eyepiece holding collet in the PF series Pentax spotting scopes. They would not sell me one, but wanted the whole scope sent in so they could do the replacement. I ended up spending a lot of time turning the little ring on a lathe myself from a Delrin plastic rod - it snaps right in. If you cannot buy a replacement eye relief ring, you might try turning a substitute out of plastic. You'd need to thread it for attachment and even then it would not be as nice as the rubber padded original. Sorry I don't have a more useful answer for you. - Bill
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: