Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:27   #1
Shpenny

Adapter Set Up for Nikon ED50 & Canon EOS Questions

Hello! I'm looking to attach my Canon EOS 4ti DSLR camera to my Nikon ED50 spotting scope and am looking for some guidance. I have two eyepieces for the Nikon scope: 1) a Nikon 13-30x zoom eyepiece MC, and 2) a Nikon Wide DS eyepiece. Would anyone be able to recommend the adapters I'd need to attach my camera to each of these eyepieces?

Thank you much!
Jake
Old Monday 8th February 2016, 18:28   #2
Linfordbirder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpenny View Post
Hello! I'm looking to attach my Canon EOS 4ti DSLR camera to my Nikon ED50 spotting scope and am looking for some guidance. I have two eyepieces for the Nikon scope: 1) a Nikon 13-30x zoom eyepiece MC, and 2) a Nikon Wide DS eyepiece. Would anyone be able to recommend the adapters I'd need to attach my camera to each of these eyepieces?

Thank you much!
Jake
Hi Jake,

I have the Nikon ED82 that uses those same eyepieces and has an adapter (Nikon FSA-L1) which I believe can be used on the ED50 too. I connected a Canon 60D to the FSA-L1 using a cheap (Ebay) Canon EF to Nikon adapter and it worked well through the telescope. Obviously AF and the electronic metering of the camera is redundant so I used manual mode.
Old Saturday 5th March 2016, 16:05   #3
Shpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfordbirder View Post
Hi Jake,

I have the Nikon ED82 that uses those same eyepieces and has an adapter (Nikon FSA-L1) which I believe can be used on the ED50 too. I connected a Canon 60D to the FSA-L1 using a cheap (Ebay) Canon EF to Nikon adapter and it worked well through the telescope. Obviously AF and the electronic metering of the camera is redundant so I used manual mode.
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Would you be able to post or send some photos of your setup for me to look over?

Thanks for your help!
Jake
Old Monday 30th May 2016, 00:19   #4
Linfordbirder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpenny View Post
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Would you be able to post or send some photos of your setup for me to look over?

Thanks for your help!
Jake
This is what I use. An adapter converts the mount to Nikon F-mount to connect. It will work of straight Nikon scopes inc ED50. I got rid of the Canon EOS-M though as I could not get on without a viewfinder.

http://nikon.com/products/sportoptic...a-l1/index.htm
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: