Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 18th January 2016, 05:53   #1
sbooder
an english birder in france

645 Pro App

Hi All,
has anyone tried the 645 Pro APP for iPhones that produces a type of RAW image called a dRAW/TIFF yet?

The idea sound good and if it works, I would thing it may well improve images taken through a scope. I may try it as it is only 4 but I would like to know if anyone thinks it is worth getting.

Thanks.

Hawke Sapphire 8x43 EDs, Hawke Endurance ED 85.
Old Monday 14th March 2016, 17:06   #2
timshrek

Hi Simon,

I've never heard of the app, but it does seem impressive. Have you tried it yet? Thanks!

Cheers,
Tim
Old Tuesday 29th March 2016, 02:05   #3
Oscar56

I have downloaded the app yesterday. I think this is going to be my primary camera app for my iPhone 6. The app interface is the closest I have seen to a traditional camera. Most of the normal settings are there and in a presentation that looks much like a DSLR.

But it does not record in RAW. What they call dRAW/tiff is an unaltered TiFf file. For each image you can record 2 files like a DSLR does. So you could create 2 files; one of which is a jpeg that copies Velvia 50 slide film plus an unaltered tiff, or numerous combinations and permutations.

The authors have written a 60 page manual which you can download from their website. Www.jag.gr

I am looking forward to giving this app a full test over the next few days.
Old Tuesday 29th March 2016, 07:35   #4
sbooder
an english birder in france

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar56 View Post
I have downloaded the app yesterday. I think this is going to be my primary camera app for my iPhone 6. The app interface is the closest I have seen to a traditional camera. Most of the normal settings are there and in a presentation that looks much like a DSLR.

But it does not record in RAW. What they call dRAW/tiff is an unaltered TiFf file. For each image you can record 2 files like a DSLR does. So you could create 2 files; one of which is a jpeg that copies Velvia 50 slide film plus an unaltered tiff, or numerous combinations and permutations.

The authors have written a 60 page manual which you can download from their website. Www.jag.gr

I am looking forward to giving this app a full test over the next few days.
Look forward to hearing about your results.

Hawke Sapphire 8x43 EDs, Hawke Endurance ED 85.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: