Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Thursday 18th February 2016, 01:04   #1
gcole
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 909
Pentax PR 65/80 ED Spotting Scope ?

Has any one actually had one in hand or seen the elusive Pentax PR 65 or 80mm ED spotting scope. Online I see its advertised/sold across the pond but not here in the states. Does this newer version of the Pentax PF ED scope actually exist ?
gcole is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Thursday 18th February 2016, 08:43   #2
giosblue
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ashton
Posts: 242
The PR 80ED is available here in the UK to order, but not the PR65ED. I e-mailed Ricoh and the PR 65ED wasn't on the list of scopes available. The PF65mm was though. Maybe they want to sell all the old models off first, I don't know. It's a pity, because it looks like a nice scope.




Ron

Last edited by giosblue : Thursday 18th February 2016 at 08:53.
giosblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Thursday 18th February 2016, 13:06   #3
gcole
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosblue View Post
The PR 80ED is available here in the UK to order, but not the PR65ED. I e-mailed Ricoh and the PR 65ED wasn't on the list of scopes available. The PF65mm was though. Maybe they want to sell all the old models off first, I don't know. It's a pity, because it looks like a nice scope.




Ron
Hi Ron, You are probably right about Rioch wanting to deplete all its remaining older scopes.
gcole is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Saturday 20th February 2016, 11:23   #4
St. Elmo
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 477
Three years to sell off old stock seems wholly reasonable...
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=257152
St. Elmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Saturday 20th February 2016, 13:56   #5
giosblue
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ashton
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Elmo View Post
Three years to sell off old stock seems wholly reasonable...
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=257152
I must admit it does seem like a long time. At this rate they'll be bringing out a new scope before they've sold any of the PR65mm's

I don't think anybody knows what Pentax are doing with their scopes at the moment. They don't seem to be readily available anywhere.
There have been lots of price reductions, I think at some places it's selling for about half it's original price

It's a pity, because the PF65ed is a cracking little scope.
giosblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sunday 21st February 2016, 14:07   #6
John Dracon
John Dracon

 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: White Sulphur Springs, Montana
Posts: 908
Have both Pentax 80 & 50 mm ED scopes in new condition - have XW eyepieces - ill health is forcing me to sell entire collection -
John
John Dracon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday 8th November 2017, 13:17   #7
gcole
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosblue View Post
The PR 80ED is available here in the UK to order, but not the PR65ED. I e-mailed Ricoh and the PR 65ED wasn't on the list of scopes available. The PF65mm was though. Maybe they want to sell all the old models off first, I don't know. It's a pity, because it looks like a nice scope.




Ron
Since the revised/newer Pentax PR series Doublet ED 65 & 80mm spotting scopes were announced, I have been wanting to get my hands on one and I just might ? I was able to find a site called " Astro Shop.EU " who listed them on their website. I ordered the 65mm version package with the XL zoom. for $733.89 shipped to the states. Lead time states 1-2 weeks. Since they excepted my PayPal payment and their sites says shipping to the United States , I really hope I will get this and not a e-mail later on stating not available. If this does arrive, I will post my thoughts.
gcole is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday 8th November 2017, 14:26   #8
gcole
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcole View Post
Since the revised/newer Pentax PR series Doublet ED 65 & 80mm spotting scopes were announced, I have been wanting to get my hands on one and I just might ? I was able to find a site called " Astro Shop.EU " who listed them on their website. I ordered the 65mm version package with the XL zoom. for $733.89 shipped to the states. Lead time states 1-2 weeks. Since they excepted my PayPal payment and their sites says shipping to the United States , I really hope I will get this and not a e-mail later on stating not available. If this does arrive, I will post my thoughts.
WOW ... That was fast, so much for the lead time. Just got a e-mail saying scope has been shipped with UPS tracking #. Looks like I will be getting my hands on one.
gcole is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Reply


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Pentax Spotting Scope SUPPRESSOR Spotting Scopes & tripod/heads 12 Wednesday 1st May 2013 14:06
Pentax 100 ed Spotting Scope? Cabo Pentax 59 Sunday 16th November 2008 19:59
Help with Pentax spotting scope percyp Pentax 18 Tuesday 5th September 2006 05:50

{googleads}

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Help support BirdForum

Page generated in 0.16557789 seconds with 17 queries
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:30.