Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 7th July 2016, 09:42   #1
giosblue

BST Explorer Eyepiece?

Just bought a 15mm BST Starguider EP. I already have a 12mm which is excellent, but not so good at the edge. The 15mm is much sharper than the 12mm at the edge. Is this normal with this lens or have I got a duffer?

Also you can unscrew the bottom element and swap them over, when you do this the 15mm loses it's edge sharpness and the 12mm is sharp. So it must be the bottom lens where the problem is.

The 15mm is superb, not the widest FoV, but really sharp. Excellent value for money. Highly recommended.

Sorted. my fault. when I got the 12mm BST there was a slight rattle, this was in the lens that wasn't quite tight enough inside the lower body. Like you do I took it out to see how it fits, put it back and tightened it up. However when I took a closer look at the lens and compared it to the new 15mm, it became obvious that I had screwed the lens in the wrong way. It's now back in the correct way and it is also a superb EP. Anyone with a spotting scope that takes these should give then try. They really are excellent. and only 49.

Last edited by giosblue : Thursday 7th July 2016 at 20:18.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: