Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 6th August 2016, 12:36   #1
Kunibert

Digiscoping with the Pentax PF-80EDa

Hi, I've tried some eyepieces (Morpheus 9mm, Pentax 8-24mm, Hyperion 8-24mm) and the PF-CA35 adapter for digiscoping with my Pentax K-5 II oder K-3 and a Pentax PF-80EDa. I used a SMC 2,8/40mm Lens as relaylens between the DSLR and the eyepieces or a small T2 extension. Nothing really worked well. Can you recommend a good eyepiece for this purpose for the Pentax PF-80EDa?

Tom

Last edited by Kunibert : Saturday 6th August 2016 at 12:42.
Old Thursday 18th August 2016, 17:12   #2
Kunibert

In a private message Bill has recommended the XW20 Eyepiece. Thank you. If I can lay hands on it, I will give it a try.

I photographed how I've attached cameras to my Pentax PF-80EDa. You can see the images here. The text is German, but the images show everything important.

http://www.photoinfos.com/Spektiv/Pe...igiscoping.htm

No setup produced good results. I didn't post images yet, because I'm waiting for an answer from Pentax. The respective persons are on holiday now. So it might take some time until I get an answer.

Tom
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: