Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Sunday 14th August 2016, 05:08   #1
SRVD

Zeiss Victory DiaScope 65T* FL ER suggesttion

Dear Member,

I am looking for buying my 1st Spotting Scope. I am exploring Zeiss Victory 65mm Diascope.

I got a feedback that there is some ER issue with the scope at the middle range of magnification. The feedback is:

Quote..... "Zeiss DiaScope's eye relief was good at both the minimum and the maximum magnification, but that it declined in the middle ranges. If you turn the zoom on the Zeiss while wearing eyeglasses, you can see the image circle shrink and then expand again as the eye relief changes."

Can any one suggest if there is actual problem with this scope.

Last edited by SRVD : Sunday 14th August 2016 at 05:09. Reason: rectification of typo error
Old Monday 7th November 2016, 16:12   #2
safaridreaming

I have the 85mm Diascope with the 25-75x Zoom eyepiece and it has the same characteristic. Eye relief reduces towards the middle of the zoom range then picks up again at the long end.

I'd say this is an engineering function rather than any real problem with the scope itself...

cheers
Jeelan
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: