• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nesting Asian Paradise-Flycatchers! (1 Viewer)

CyberDoc

Vagrant Birder
Asian Paradise-Flycatchers are among the loveliest birds in this part of the world. Imagine a pair building its nest right outside my office window.

It gets even better - a fig tree in an ancient graveyard slap-bang in the middle of Kashmir's busiest hospital.

http://www.kashmirnetwork.com/birds/pfm.html

This picture was taken a couple of days ago and the nest-building has progressed quite a lot since then. Dont want to disturb the birds though.

We've got Oystercatchers nesting on the roof of our hospital ..........but I'd rather have the Paradise Flycatchers!!

Wow, what a gorgeous bird! Lucky you to have it so close every day. :t:

You might consider uploading a shot of the male and female into our Gallery and Bird Database. They'd be a fantastic addition!

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Katy Penland said:
You might consider uploading a shot of the male and female into our Gallery and Bird Database. They'd be a fantastic addition!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Katy,

I tried uploading images to the database earlier when I joined BirdForum without much success.
However you are welcome to upload the images of the male and female flycatchers on my behalf.

Unfortunately, despite your kind permission for us to upload for you, the photographer must do it as links are automatically associated between the images and the "uploader." Which means you wouldn't get contacted when comments or inquiries are made on that image. Additionally, no one other than the photographer knows all the details of how and where the photos were taken, which are requested in a form when each image is submitted.

May I ask what problems you had with uploading? If you'd like, pelase PM me and I'll be happy to help sort that out. Having the male and female in the database would be wonderful.

I have no idea how to get the images on to the database. There are three sticky messages by Andy but since hes much brighter ;-) than I am, I cant figure out the 3images/24 hours rule or whether only the admins are supposed to upload missing images from the galleries to the database or whatever. There is no image of a female Asian Paradise-Flycatcher in the database BTW.

Hi, CyberDoc! Don't worry, once images are uploaded to the Gallery, our database gurus will link them to the database.

We provided the additional Database forum so that people could upload more than 3 images in 24 hours if they had species that weren't already in the database. It's just the Gallery that has the 3-per-24 hours limitation.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back