Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 6th February 2017, 16:52   #26
Troubador

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan van daalen View Post
Got word from Meopta, but they don't use dielectric coatings on their current line.

Jan
Still a great view through the little MeoStar 8x32.

Lee
Old Monday 6th February 2017, 21:23   #27
Canip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubador View Post
Still a great view through the little MeoStar 8x32.

Lee
Old Tuesday 7th February 2017, 10:04   #28
PHA

Oh! Yes,indeed, great "little" binocular, this 8x32 M Meostar!!!
Old Friday 10th February 2017, 16:00   #29
maico

I wonder what % of their output is binoculars ? They have medical, scientific and military divisions.

QC issues. How can expensive binos (from most makes it seems) get through alleged stringent testing in the state reported bellow ? They are after all quite simple optical devices compared to something like this with numerous moving parts: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-400mm_cut.jpg

Quote from Allbinos 2016 review:

"That almost idyllic image is spoilt by the quality control – it seems the Czechs have to work on it much harder. When we glanced inside the binoculars and examined the prisms carefully we noticed strange damp patches on their edges. On the right prism there was a shiny object – a bigger speck of dust or even a glass or coating defect. If the Meopta is supposed to qualify as a top-of-the-range, premium instrument such a specimen shouldn’t have been sent to the shops at all."

http://www.allbinos.com/310-binocula..._10x42_HD.html

Last edited by maico : Friday 10th February 2017 at 16:15.
Old Friday 10th February 2017, 17:08   #30
jan van daalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maico View Post
I wonder what % of their output is binoculars ? They have medical, scientific and military divisions.

QC issues. How can expensive binos (from most makes it seems) get through alleged stringent testing in the state reported bellow ? They are after all quite simple optical devices compared to something like this with numerous moving parts: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-400mm_cut.jpg

Quote from Allbinos 2016 review:

"That almost idyllic image is spoilt by the quality control – it seems the Czechs have to work on it much harder. When we glanced inside the binoculars and examined the prisms carefully we noticed strange damp patches on their edges. On the right prism there was a shiny object – a bigger speck of dust or even a glass or coating defect. If the Meopta is supposed to qualify as a top-of-the-range, premium instrument such a specimen shouldn’t have been sent to the shops at all."

http://www.allbinos.com/310-binocula..._10x42_HD.html
Can't say I understand what the Canon lens has to do with Meopta, but Allbinos review will certainly reflect what they examined.
It's just hard to believe for someone who wittnessed Meopta's QC, but than again; I have no doubts on Allbinos review.

Jan
Old Friday 10th February 2017, 17:40   #31
Troubador

It is no excuse to know this happens to other premium products: fires in Ferraris and leaking oil seals and cylinder scoring in Porsches are examples. We have heard stories of tiny particles inside many brands of binoculars including all of the top brands although I have yet to see any in bins I have personally handled.

I have seen many production lines over the years and all them were planned and manned and controlled to prevent these kinds of things happening but happen they do. This doesn't mean it is acceptable but it does make it hard to understand how it happens.

Lee
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: