Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Sunday 28th May 2017, 18:56   #1
MobiusX

What kind of outdoor camera

I am looking for one that records birds outside without me being there and I can watch on my cell phone when I'm not home so it will probably be a wireless one and one that lets me choose what parts to save but not one that can be hacked. I read online that people can hack wireless cameras and get on people's computer. Is there one that will allow me to turn the actual camera left and right when birds move?
Old Monday 29th May 2017, 18:40   #2
Mono
Hi!

There are very few such cameras aimed at the wildlife market, you will need to look at those aimed at the security market; of which there are loads.

If you are want one that you can move then you need to look for the letters PTZ, which stand for Pan Tilt Zoom. You can get ones that use wireless or wired network connections but all will need electricity to them.

Security wise you need to make sure that you disable public access and change the default admin password then you will be fine. With most set ups you can record continuously or with motion sensitivity, but as the systems are aimed at the security market they might not register enough movement from birds.

Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dericam-Aut...3RVP8GRN3SWY85

Not a recomendation just the first one of the spec that turned up on Amazon.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: