Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 12th August 2017, 19:45   #51
jring

Hi,

the problem is that it's not possible to build an adapter with easy to use long screws and enough infocus for all EPs. So they built one version with long screws which can be used with EPs that have a focus point far enough out and one with grub screws for the problematic cases which gains a millimeter or two of infocus.

Joachim
Old Sunday 13th August 2017, 08:49   #52
lazy_ferret

Hi

Ok, thanks for information.
i order that adapter tomorrow and do some test with that too.
I tell you later how it works.

lazy_ferret
Old Monday 11th September 2017, 14:40   #53
Racuuna

Hello! I have been using a televue nagler 16mm on my meopta s2 with very good result.
Now i`m looking for a eyepiece that gives me a little bit more magnification and i am thinking about the Docter uwa 12,5 or baader morpheus 12,5 mm.
My question is if somebody have tried them booth? I have tried the morpheus 14 mm in my scope and it looked superb, is the docter worth the significant increase in money vs baader?
Old Tuesday 12th September 2017, 23:30   #54
DRodrigues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racuuna View Post
Hello! I have been using a televue nagler 16mm on my meopta s2 with very good result.
Now i`m looking for a eyepiece that gives me a little bit more magnification and i am thinking about the Docter uwa 12,5 or baader morpheus 12,5 mm.
My question is if somebody have tried them both? I have tried the morpheus 14 mm in my scope and it looked superb, is the docter worth the significant increase in money vs baader?
Thanks for posting this.
The meopta became even more interesting.

You should create a new thread with this info and some photos of the combo and adapter - do you have one adapter?

Regarding your questions, since you are happy with the Nagler 16 eye-relief, it means that you don't need glasses. Like that the 100 AFOV Ethos clones are interesting alternatives to the Baader Morpheus, within the same price range. However there are no 1.25" eps of these clones around 12mm - the closer you have is 9mm - however the TFOV isn't far from the Morpheus 12.5.
The Docter 12.5 is certainly a great ep. If is worthwhile or not the price increase is up to each one, and their finances...
In my case, a wide field freak, I preferred to go for a Nikon HW 12.5/10 since the difference in AFOV is noticeable - I notice the difference from the 102 of the HW to the 100 of my Ethos 17... However this ep alone doesn't reach focus in any of my scopes (needs a barlow for that). If you are interested I can send it to you to test it, in case you don't plan to come to Portugal soon...
By the way, I didn't mentioned the Ethos 13 since, unlike the 110 versions (3.7 and 4.7mm), the other 1.25" Ethos have a not scope compatible 1.25" system - it's a shame...

http://www.pt-ducks.com
Old Thursday 14th September 2017, 16:12   #55
Racuuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRodrigues View Post
Thanks for posting this.
The meopta became even more interesting.

You should create a new thread with this info and some photos of the combo and adapter - do you have one adapter?

Regarding your questions, since you are happy with the Nagler 16 eye-relief, it means that you don't need glasses. Like that the 100 AFOV Ethos clones are interesting alternatives to the Baader Morpheus, within the same price range. However there are no 1.25" eps of these clones around 12mm - the closer you have is 9mm - however the TFOV isn't far from the Morpheus 12.5.
The Docter 12.5 is certainly a great ep. If is worthwhile or not the price increase is up to each one, and their finances...
In my case, a wide field freak, I preferred to go for a Nikon HW 12.5/10 since the difference in AFOV is noticeable - I notice the difference from the 102 of the HW to the 100 of my Ethos 17... However this ep alone doesn't reach focus in any of my scopes (needs a barlow for that). If you are interested I can send it to you to test it, in case you don't plan to come to Portugal soon...
By the way, I didn't mentioned the Ethos 13 since, unlike the 110 versions (3.7 and 4.7mm), the other 1.25" Ethos have a not scope compatible 1.25" system - it's a shame...
Thank you very much for your answer☺️
I Will tryck to post some info and images of my meopta and astro eyepieces.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: