Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 10th July 2017, 01:31   #1
rainman19154

NIB SX-60. Filters?

I've had a couple SLRs in the past and filters were standard fare... certainly up for discussion.

In my own experience, the UV filter is first choice. Sorta lives on the cam, and serves as a lens protector foremost. Second but not ALL THE TIME, is a polarizing filter. Autofocus/ Zoom cams require a Circular Polarizer, but they're still a front runner.

Once I decided what I was buying, I immediately investigated filters. The camera, memory card and filter adapter I obtained from Tristatecamera. The filters I got off Amazon. Both online orders were completed in one sitting.

I can tell you in my past, for open sky, or sunny sea-meets-mountain shots, a Polarizer is MONEY! A must have.

In my (limited) reading on this forum and a couple of others - all about the SX-60, no one has referenced them. What don't I know?

Edit: I did a forum search on Polarizing Filters. It seems current interest here is nil. A lot of questions about environments that would require one were answered with advice to counter those influences by other means. Those measures including change of angle, different time of day. Also prominent is the general attitude that light is king and any reduction of that is not to be tolerated.

Last edited by rainman19154 : Monday 10th July 2017 at 06:28. Reason: more info
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: